• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Todays menu-
B- half a Fuji apple, lf Philly (a piece got stuck and it put me off!)
L- homemade chilli on baby corn, dollop fage,
D-homemade chilli made into a wrap with spinach and a dollop fage, cauliflower 'rice'
S- Muller Greek yoghurt

Tea, water and NAS juice

Chilli has lean steak mince, 2 chillis with seeds, tomatoes, passata, garlic, black pepper, onion, kidney beans, paprika, garlic and celery salt, mixed beans in tomato sauce - broke mince up added a little water and left on low in slow cooker for six hours

muller greek yoghurt is it the fat free one? Tried one yesterday for my lunch bout an hour later light headed n disorientated made it home had to have a cuppa tea n slice of toast till it settled down. The sugar was 6g or something like that tum didnt like it. x

I think for me just depends what else I have had, most things I am fine with, just one of them things guna try one tomorrow and see of it happens again. xx

Yeah that's the one, I don't react to sugar so I still have to use will power last week was totm so difficult but being strict again now....

I'm the same maya!! Just our luck eh!! I very rarely find anything upsets me, so really having to be stern with myself.. trouble is lack of willpower is what got me fat in the first place so don't know where it's coming from now lol!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Here's my menu for today.

B - Petit filous and 6 grapes.
L - Ryvita multigrain, laughing cow and ham.
T - Bacon, egg, mushrooms, b beans and 1/2 a slice of WW bread toasted.
S - 6 grapes.

Drinks - Tea x3, coffee x1, water and NAS squash.

Cleaned house from top to bottom and stripped the beds, so that's my exercise for today :)

Ok the bread was a bad idea. I'm now in bed, feeling awful :-(

Sorry to hear that Paula.....Hope you feel better soon. :)

Also, thanks to everyone for your support. :)

Hope you ok today Paula, keep your chin up girl. Well 1 day left of tha weekend then its back to work these weekends fly round xx

good morning all!! Chrisa, hope you had a nice night out round at your friends!! and Paula, hope you are feeling better this morning, after the bread episode. I am still wary of eating bread as when I did try it just gave me the most awful pain, and in truth I am getting used to being without it, a crispbread or a melba toast fills the gap quite nicely, and I'm quite pleased about that, as bread (well any stodge) was one of my big problems. Maybe you will be the same as me with bread Paula, and will just have to give it a miss...
Sukay, so nice to see a post from you.. I hope things are going a little better for you.. And everyone else, hope you are all having a good weekend. I am off to work in an hour!! I don't mind though, Sunday is better pay, and as I'm alone, it's like any other day to me really...
Haven't posted my menu for a couple of days, so will post it up when I get home this evening.. xxx

I did thanks Amanda, was one birthday and bit strange night. One friend has just lost her father in law suddenly, the one celebrating the birthday, her brother committed suicide last year so bit down and upsetting for 2 which meant we didnt stay as long as usual but cheerd them up a bit and comforted them when the tears fell. We did what we could xx Hope you have a good day at work make sure you have a good breakfast no fainting on the job, what soem folks will do to get an extra break, I dont know!! haha xx

Hi again. Congrats on the loss!!

and good luck to those weighing in tomorrow :)

Been thinking about stuff and wondering about portion sizes. Never got to grips with what the dieticians said at the beginning. Just went with the flow, and was SO please I couldn't eat much, and that was enough for me at that time. However, now I wish I knew what I was aiming for.

I remember someone telling me that eventually when things were healed I would be aiming for 1200 cals per day. but you are all eating much less than that?

Also, because I am thinking about calories, when I have, say, baked beans, I think of half a normal tin being the correct portion size.

Would you agree?

So today so far:

1pt milk used in tea and a hot choc
1tsp cocoa

half baked potato with cheese n onion mixed in
150g lf cottage cheese

Calories (kcal) 805
Protein (g) 43.5
Fat (g) 20.1
sugar used in hot drinks (which I count in the cals)

Fresh orange juice watered down

Am also cooking some Quorn mince with Leek, carrot, green pepper, onion and stock cube - not sure what I'll turn it into though.

Been thinking about stuff and wondering about portion sizes. Never got to grips with what the dieticians said at the beginning. Just went with the flow, and was SO please I couldn't eat much, and that was enough for me at that time. However, now I wish I knew what I was aiming for.

I remember someone telling me that eventually when things were healed I would be aiming for 1200 cals per day. but you are all eating much less than that?

Also, because I am thinking about calories, when I have, say, baked beans, I think of half a normal tin being the correct portion size.

Would you agree?

So today so far:

1tsp cocoa

150g lf cottage cheese

Calories (kcal) 805
Protein (g) 43.5
Fat (g) 20.1

Am also cooking some Quorn mince with Leek, carrot, green pepper, onion and stock cube - not sure what I'll turn it into though.

Congratulations on the massive weight loss maya!! makes me feel really silly with my measly 1lb lol!!

Sukay I think the dietician probably was talking about maintenance calories if she said aim for 1200, because my dietician told me to aim for around 800 calories a day to lose the optimum amount of weight after the bypass, but then it could differ from hospital to hospital or even differenct dieticians so see what the others say also... If you mean half a tin of a 200gm can of baked beans then yes that is what I would call a portion now, but if you mean half a can of a 400gm can then that would be way too much. If I have baked beans, because they are so full of carbs, I just have maybe a tablespoon of them and that is just about right for me, but again it will differ with everyone..
Very pleased you are posting again by the way xx

Sukay I think the dietician probably was talking about maintenance calories if she said aim for 1200, because my dietician told me to aim for around 800 calories a day to lose the optimum amount of weight after the bypass, but then it could differ from hospital to hospital or even differenct dieticians so see what the others say also... If you mean half a tin of a 200gm can of baked beans then yes that is what I would call a portion now, but if you mean half a can of a 400gm can then that would be way too much. If I have baked beans, because they are so full of carbs, I just have maybe a tablespoon of them and that is just about right for me, but again it will differ with everyone..
Very pleased you are posting again by the way xx

Yes I mean half a 400g tin.... and I am eating them for protein primarily

Beans, Baked, in Tomato Sauce, Average ½ Can/200g 159cals 9.3protein 27.8carbs 0.8fat

Would you agree?

So today so far:

1tsp cocoa

150g lf cottage cheese

Calories (kcal) 805
Protein (g) 43.5
Fat (g) 20.1

Okay, I know that people don't want to hear this, but 800 cals is ridiculous. 1200 cals is not maintenance cals. My dietician recommended 1500 and she knows her stuff. Now we all have different metabolic basal rates and we need to figure our own out, but taking malabsorption into account 800 is not a good number. I eat between 1000-2000 a day as I don't count a thing. Protein first always, but I am still heading downwards. I ate more this week and lost more. You need food to break down the fat! Try changing things up sukay, try 100 cals more for one week or 100 less. Up to 1500 maybe if you're feeling brave enough, but it sounds like you're not eating enough. Have you regained, or are you at your lowest?

Hi all here's my menu for today.

B- Bacon & poached egg.
L - Pot roast pork & tsp of mash, swede, carrot, French beans, baby sweetcorn. 1 broccoli and asparagus spear & gravy.
T - Ryvita multigrain, laughing cow, slice of ham.
S - 6 grapes.

Drinks - Tea, coffee, water, NAS squash.

My dietician is aware my cals are at the 800 mark, she did say in her experience when patients were getting more than that at my stage it tended to be because treats and higher cal food choices were creeping in, my last lot of bloods all came back in healthy ranges due to my food choice and varied diet because I remember my vits very sporadically....I personally would not be able to physically eat up to 1500 a day...

Back