• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Good morning everyone!! Well managed only a pound lost this week, but with all my constipation probs I think I am probably lucky I lost that!! Movical worked eventually, so now must just bite the bullet and take it regularly to stop it becoming impacted again!! that is just too painful for words.... Shelleymarie.. I know what you mean about the temazepam being more effective since bypass, it's the same for me, they seem to work faster and better.. It's strange isn't it.. Yet my lithium just doesnt get absorbed.. mind you lithium is a mineral and not an actual "drug" so thats the problem.. I am so glad your mum loved her surprise, and I can understand why you aren't upset about not losing anything this week.. If i could lose 17lbs in one month I wouldn't worry for a while either lol!!!
Oh chrisa bless you!! You do make me laugh!! I love the way you put things. Will keep your sister in my thoughts and pray that it turns out to be just fibroids and that's all... I hope you have a lovely too xxx

Oh!! forgot to add.. although I only lost a pound this week, when the doctor measured me he said that I wasn't 5' 2" but 5' 3" he measured me twice to make sure he hadn't made a mistake. So looks like I have shrunk in girth and stretched in length lol!! But the upside of that is my BMI isn't as high as I thought it was.. Isn't it amazing what a difference an inch can make lol!!! so that was a really nice bonus xx

Been to the docs, which was a waste of time. Just packed me off with some pain relief. Feeling a bit better today, so I'll just see how it goes. Amanda, a pound off is better than a pound on. Glad your toilet issues are sorted xx

Chrisa, I hope your sister will be ok xx

Hi again all

not posted because not doing so good. food intake all over the place. had lots of down times.

anyway, one thing I have noticed is how LITTLE you all eat compared to me :(

I find being vegetarian a bit of a problems re protein, but.... well I have no answer :(
Just have to accept that my bypass experience hasn't been successful and move on...

So if you don't mind, will continue to lurk but not post (which is what I've been doing I suppose )

Good luck all and thanks for all your nice comments :)

Bit cheesed off today, only 1lb off

Hi again all

not posted because not doing so good. food intake all over the place. had lots of down times.

I find being vegetarian a bit of a problems re protein, but.... well I have no answer :(
Just have to accept that my bypass experience hasn't been successful and move on...

So if you don't mind, will continue to lurk but not post (which is what I've been doing I suppose )

What about quorn, tofu and soya protein Sukay? They are good sources of protein. Good luck and keep trying xx

My thoughts exactly Paula there are some options open to ya, do you eat fish? Its best to keep posting if you can you can get back on track look at me, was all for stoppin gthta other week but still here to tell the tale. Sometimes just have to get the routine flowing with out too much thought. You can doit xx

Hi Sukay, I'm a veggie too. Protein intake for me is generally Quorn, soya, eggs and cheese plus I'm a skinny latte devotee having not been much of a coffee drinker before!
I'm on the phone so can't see your info, and as an occasional poster these days I don't know your journey. Don't lose heart x the road ahead isn't always straight and comparing your weight loss to others could make you complacent or depressed - stay focused and you can get there xx

Hi again all

Oh Sukay!!! You have lost such a lot of weight! I don't think the bypass has failed you.. You are just going through a bit of a bad patch... Have you tried the protein water I told you about to try and get some good quality protein in?? I really hope you don't stop posting, I love your posts... And this forum isn't just for all the successes it's for all the times when you need some support when you aren't doing so great.. We are all in the same boat here and throwing each other lifebelts all the way along!!! If you need someone to talk to just pm me... I'm a real good listener xxx

Bit cheesed off today, only 1lb off

Join the club retford I only managed a pound also lol!! But you have been doing so well with really big losses, it was bound to happen that you would have an off week, but I bet it will be followed by a really nice big loss!! So chin up xxx

Yesterdays menu
B- melba toast, lf Philly, grapes
L-ham, coleslaw, cuecumber
D- dinner out - tapas - mussels, smoked salmon, tempura prawns

Glass of prosecco and one scoop low fat yoghurt at the cinema to watch les miserables (amaze)

Todays menu-
B- melba, lf Philly, grapes
L- ham salad, coleslaw
D- 2 slice pastrami, lf wrap, salad
S- Fuji apple, Greek yoghurt

The hospital rang with my blood results, all reading in normal range which is surprising as I always forget my meds! She also asked me if I would take part in a xhannel 4 programme on wls success and how its changed my life etc - wish I had the guts to help others but its just not me to do tv!

Morning all, GREAT night out last night 1 cocktail, 3 small wines and a vodka n diet coke asked for lemonade but brought me coke back was last one so just drank it. Lots of dancing and boy do my legs feel it today, well its the knees. Never mind weight loss meet today should be fun too xx

Glad to hear you enjoyed your night out Chrisa!! You deserved it after losing all that weight this week... I haven't had a night out like that for probably 6 or 7 years lol... Don't know if I still even remember how to dance anymore...
Enjoy your weight loss meeting xxx

Thanx Amanda am looking forward to it n enjoyed all tha dancing lastnight always loved dancing. xx we'll av to do it when we all meet up xx

Was going to ask you if that was still happening! Haven't checked the thread out for ages.. Are we any further along to getting a date and venue yet??

Hey all, are the amounts of food you all put down in your menu actually finished? or do you plate up and leave some most of the time and add the full cal amount to your total? if that makes sense.

Hi Amanda dont think any more names have been added yet will bring it round again xx

menu today

B 1slice bread toasted, 1egg boiled n chopped up with tomato
S/L wotsits bacon latice 1 bag
D sweet n sour chicken with rice n veg.

up friends tonight more alcohol snack food . xx

Do you think we should have a cut off date? Maybe the end of feb. Then agree a date for the summer in march and start organising?

Back