• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

You'll get those big losses again Amanda. You've had all that constipation to deal with aswell. It's bound to take your body a while to get back to normal. I don't mind if it doesn't come back. At least I'll be thinner with a numb belly lol :)

Well done Paula and I love the passport pic.

Menu today
B HARDBOILED EGG CHOPPED UP WITH A TOMATO in a warburtons thin
L 1/2 TIN OF CHICKEN N VEG BIG SOUP, 1 ww yoghurt
D SMALL PORTION SHEPHERDS PIE, WITH CARROTS SWEETCORN N PEAS, GRAVY,
s 1 PLUM
WATER N TEA

FUNNY TUM AT TIMES GAIN TODAY pains started struggled to go to the loo, finally went and then after lunch pains started again had 2 buscopan on morning so just waited til it past. Luckily righted itself. Thought was guna be bad, am sure its my bowel twisting. xx Apart from that been ok xx

B- five chopped grapes, half a benecol yoghurt, sprinkle start right, 5 raisins
L- ww wrap, tuna sweetcorn mayo (princes half can) cuecumber
D- beef chilli, cauliflower
S- half a Fuji apple between clients, melba toasts
Post work out- one egg one white scrambled dollop ketchup

One hours zumba class tonight.

Last edited:
Hi all. I didn't do liquids in the end, my mum had got some nice healthy food in so didn't want waste it.

So menu today -
Breakfast - Ham and pineapple.
Lunch - Tuna, lettuce, tomato, green beans, olives and a boiled egg salad. Ate it in two parts at work.
Dinner - Sirloin steak with all fat cut off served with fresh spinach, avocado and lf feta.
No snack.

I noticed you talking about numbness on your stomach Paula. Bit of a coincidence but Is this something you have had since your op? It's weird but since yesterday morning I've had a numb patch on the top part stomach under my left breast. It's quite a large patch. It's tingly and numb but not painful, doesn't feel deep. I've no idea what this is but it's made me worry that it could some how be related to the bypass but can't see how when it's only just happened. Anyone got any ideas? do you think I should give my doctor a ring or see if it goes by itself for a few more days? xx

Eh I have no idea Shelley, if you are concerned then get it checked out by all means. I am having another one of those nights been to bed and got back up again. My mind is racing what with work and looking for a new job, daughters wedding and then a girl at work has had bad news only just over 40 has had an op aftre christmas as thye found a mass in lower abdomen and pelvic area then thye said they were 2 they operated and couldnt remove them. Went back today and its inoperable she has 6-12months, bless her has a family and a grandbairn only bout 2. Just makes ya think. Life can be very cruel x

good morning all!! Shelleymarie, it probably isn't anything to worry about, but I would go to the doctors and let him just check it out to make sure and to put your mind at rest.. That is awful news about your work colleague chrisa.. How very tragic! I agree life can be very cruel sometimes, and you just never know what is around the next corner. They say that god will never ever give you more than you can cope with, but sometimes I wonder.......

Sorry to hear about your friend Chrisa. Shelley it's something I've had since day 1 post op. consultant now seems to think that the abdominal muscle was badly bruised during surgery and the nerve has been damaged. It doesn't bother me most of the time, bit it does get painful if I lean on it. I'd phone your bariatric team and ask their advice. Your GP will be useless xx

You can try giving it some sensory feedback to see if it clears up. Tickle it, scratch it, brush it with a sponge or long handled brush when your in the shower etc?

Well menu today-

B 1 toasted teacake cuppa tea
S 1 belvita biscuit very nice
L 1/2 tin of big soup chicken n veg, 1 apple
S RAISINS little garden gang box
D 1 BREADED CHICKEN piece oven cooked 1 tablespoon of beans 1 croquet.

water, tea

My sis been to hospital she has 2 polyps and have taken biopsies results in 10 days. xx fingers x all will be well xx

Fingers crossed for your sister chrisa!!! its been snowing downhere also, but up to now hasn't really settled, but more is forecast in the next few days..

Todays menu
B 100mls skim milk & 80gms strawberries
L half a tesco egg & ham sandwich
D gammon steak, dryfried egg
S penguin
Kiwi fruit

Protein 78gms - Cals - 795- Carbs 47gms - Fat 21gms
Drinks - 25gm protein shot - 1.5 litres NAS - cup black coffee - cup bovril
Feel bad about the sandwich and penguin but did an early shift at the garage and had to leave the house at 5am so didn't have breakfast, or pack any lunch, somended up starving by 12, so bought the sandwich & choc bar. Only ate half the sandwich though and mostly the filling than the bread.. will make a healthy lunch to take with tonight so I don't make the same mistake again while doing these earlies. xxx

IHi all, hope your sister gets good news Chrisa. Amanda my dietician has advised me to add bread to up my calories. I feel bad about it too. I don't really like the idea of eating bread, when I can manage perfectly fine without it. Here's my. Menu for today.

B - Petit filous & 6 grapes.
L - Leftover pork dinner.
T - Ikea meatballs with 50g of mixed veg.
S - Atkins advantage choc & nut crunch bar.

Drinks - Tea, coffee, water, NAS squash.

Last edited:
B- melba with lf Philly, 9 grapes
L- tuna mayo wrap, cuecumber, carrot
S- Greek yoghurt
D- king prawns, lf seafood sauce, grated carrot, Ritz crackers x4

Tea, water

Bread and similar products, can have potato, pasta or rice or is it too early for that yet used to like potato waffles and croquettes xx

The snow has gon ehere but showers over night. I have tomorrow off work am goin to a jobs fair. Its called Creative Support. Am going to find exactly what thye do you can work with disabilities or those with learning disabilities so think it might be an avenue I may want to pursue for a new career. Gunna av a look at it anyway nothing to lose, so fingers x summat comes out of it, even if it just means waiting til something comes up in my area xx

Ohh nice idea!! I love waffles. Plus you can get those mini ones now too. She also mentioned Warburtons thins? But I haven't got a clue what they are?

OH they are nice Paula, very soft you can get white and brown, they are very thin and if you toast them thye go crispy you can put topping on a nd make a little piza type thing and also make just sanwich with them, I love them but want to eat them have had some at the weekend still one left for me, nice with lf philly and ham, cheese n onion, corned beef onion n red sauce. xx buy them at all supermarkets xx

Shelley it's something I've had since day 1 post op. consultant now seems to think that the abdominal muscle was badly bruised during surgery and the nerve has been damaged. It doesn't bother me most of the time, bit it does get painful if I lean on it. I'd phone your bariatric team and ask their advice. Your GP will be useless xx

You can try giving it some sensory feedback to see if it clears up. Tickle it, scratch it, brush it with a sponge or long handled brush when your in the shower etc?

Thanks for the advice Paula. It's so strange, feels slightly swollen and tingly tonight. Really should ring my team but I have a feeling they will want to see me and I just can't get get to them at the moment, too much work and they are back a couple of hours away. I wish they had an advice email like some places do. I'll try your suggestions, if it doesn't right itself I'll have to ring them. Just to be safe.

Menu -
Breakfast - 2 slices of chicken
Lunch - Half a chicken salad sandwich
Dinner - Homemade turkey and vegetable soup.
Snack - grapes.

So sorry about your work friend Chrisa, that is just terrible. My thoughts are with her and all who know her xxx

Got some good news today, start work on Monday.

Will be scary as it is the first work I have done in 3.5 years but luckily it is my oldjob.

Question I have is what do your workers do for lunches? Im so used to being at home or my mothers for meals.

Any hints/tips will be appreciated

Back