• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Hi all cba to type tonight, so here's a screenshot of my menu from MFP. Chrisa I bet you'll have a loss next week and well done Shelley xx

image-3935185165.jpg

image-4138399556.jpg

Hi everyone...Shelley at least you lost a pound, but I sympathise! I felt awful last week with my 1lb off. But as everyone said to me better a pound off than a pound on... Chrisa sorry you didnt have another loss this week, but you had a good one last week, and will probably have a good one next week also....
As for me, well not even going to be upset if I haven't lost this week, when I weight myself tomorrow morning.. as the saying about losing inches rather than lbs is definitely true. Although only a lb loss last week, I tried on a pair of jeans that I bought wishful thinking wise from a charity shop way back in October, and they wouldn't even go over my legs. I tried them on about 3 weeks ago, and I could get them on but was about a 4" gap between the button and buttonhole lol!! Well tried them on just now, and blow me down they fit really nicely! so somewhere along the way I have lost a lot of inches even though not many pounds. They are also a size 14, but a very slim sort of cut and hipsters, so am very pleased I am into them, it doesn't seem possible somehow when only the other week I was battling to get them over my bum!!!

Todays menu:
B 100mls skim milk & fresh Peach
L 3 turkey bacon rashers, dry fried egg & 50gms mushrooms
D 3 sesame ryvita, 40gms L/F philly & 80gms Deli Beef
S Kiwi Fruit
S 25gms Biltong

Protein 73gms - Cals 680 - Carbs 40gms - Fat 18gms
Drinks - 2 litres NAS - cup black coffee - 50mls prune juice - 2 cups green tea - cup bovril

Another piece of good news is that this new physchiatric nurse of mine has got my psychiatrist to prescribe lithium in a liquid form as she is convinced that this will be better absorbed post bypass than the slow release version I have been on.. Started on it today, and am having daily blood tests to see how the level is affected by different dosages.. so maybe some light at the end of the tunnel and they will be able to get me stable again hopefully...

Thats brill Amanda. I wasn't disappointed bout not losing I had 2 nights out with alcohol so can't really expect tpo lose after that now can I. Really enjoyed it though, try hard this week creeping toward that 14 stone and under guna be the bain of my life, my poor body doesn't really want to go much further me thinks. May have to be content to maintain really now we will see. xx

I'm sure you will be able to lose more chrisa, maybe just a bit more slowly than in the beginning.. You have done so amazingly well though that as you say, if your body insists no more then you would have to go with that... I so wanted to be under 13stones for the 15th of this month for when I visit my family, but don't think I am going to make it somehow. I just wanted the change in me to be dramatic enough for my mum to have to say something nice for a change lol!! but never mind..

But your pics are dramatic Amanda amazingly so. xx I was just over 14 stone for quite awhile before I had the kids, thats why I dont think will go much further. xx

Thanks for saying my pictures are dramatic chrisa, but to me it doesn't seem dramatic especially not dramatic enough to get a nice comment from my mum. but then again don't think it would matter if I shrunk to a size 10... still probably still wouldn't get a nice comment from her lol!! don't know why I keep on trying to get her approval in truth...She's 84 and far too old to change now I suppose..

If you were around 14 stone before you had your children chrisa, then maybe as you say that is the ideal weight for your body... xx

Thanks everyone. I really hope I lose a bit more this week though.

That is great that your cpn is really working hard for you Amanda fingers crossed this is it now and things will get sorted for you :)

Unfortunately I had a bad day medication wise. I put in a repeat prescription for my medication Monday - the receptionist said the doctor wants to review your medication before your next prescription, I said that is all very well but you don't have any appointment free for ages and I will have run out. These medications include antidepressants and diazepam. Drugs that you can't just stop as it could have serious side effects such as seizures. I explained this Monday and they said they will make sure I get my medication as long as I make an appointment which I agreed too. Then today whilst I was at work my mum went to take and get the repeat prescription and my antidepressants, diazepam and asthma inhaler were not on it. My mum tried so hard to get them understand that they were putting my health in danger but they refused to even speak to the doctor about it. My mum got very upset bless her, she worries about me so she said to them she would report them to the police for endangering my health. Still they did nothing. She went home defeated and there was an answering machine message saying they found the prescription in a pile they hadn't checked - so I have my antidepressants but still no inhaler or diazepam. The local pharmacist knows my mum well and she gave me an inhaler based on previous prescriptions but obviously they can't do that for the diazepam. I just can not believe it. I know that the reason the inhaler and diazepam isn't on there is because they are only printed one page of my prescriptions off, even though I've told them there is more than one page. I've never met such a bunch of lazy, uncaring, jobs worth's in all my life. I'm changing doctors straight away - which is a worry when you've had a bypass. What if the new doctor doesn't know a thing about it but my doctor has left my surgery anyway so it would be a new doctor whatever I do. I think I need to make an official complaint but I just not sure who to do it too as the practice manager will back the receptionists, think I need to go above that. Anyway so sorry for ranting but I'm so disgusted. Especially when I work in a similar position and I would never put our patients lives at risks for what ever petty reason it was these women would get off there bum to check what they were doing was the right thing to do. I just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks in advance if you read all that :) xx

Menu today -
Breakfast - lf cottage cheese and pineapple
Lunch - half a toasted lf cheese and ham sandwich
Dinner - Grilled chicken and roasted veg.
Snack - Carrots and houmous.

You rant away shelleymarie!! don't blame you... I have the same probs with all my medication at times especially if there is a new receptionist who doesn't know me. Try and do what I have done, and that is to register with my doctors surgery online site.. I can see my repeat prescription medications and I just request them as and when I need them and the next day the prescription is at the chemists waiting for me. And then my regular medicines are just automatically sent once a month to the chemist for collection. It's one of the rare occasions where an automated system actually works better for you I feel.. I view all my appointments online and blood test results etc., it really is very useful.. Maybe ask at your local surgery if they do have a website up and running, I think most surgeries do now.. xx

Thanks Amanda, I just couldn't believe it. Unfortunately this surgery doesn't have a website but I will check the new one I register with does so I can have some say over my own health care. The pharmacist has recommended one and she says that they have had a lot of problems with my practice so hopefully if they recommend this new one will be ok xx

Good morning everyone!! Well weigh in this morning bright and early and 2lb loss to report, on top of losing some inches!! so very happy indeed. If I really focus this week maybe I can lose the 3lbs I need to take me into the 12 stones before I leave for my family visit.. I had given that mini goal up but with 2lbs gone this week am going to give it my best shot... Hope everyone has a great day xxx

That is fab Amanda well doen I am sure your mam will notice the difference if she doesn't me n her will have to meet up and have words and get her to specsavers, quickly xx Keep up the good work xx

Oh bless you chrisa!! you always manage to make me smile xxx

My weigh in today. Three pound off. One more pound and I will have hit ten stone off

Congratulations retfordmag on such a good loss.. You really are doing incredibly well, you should be very proud of yourself xx

Have awesome weekends people....its my one year surgiversary today and an odd day, asked out at eofk (errr no) asked for a coffee whilst shopping (err no) into a size ten jasper conran dress so was feeling fab until I tried on bikinis and realised I have no Boobies left....this was shortly followed by a woman I know telling me I'd gone too far and used to have amazing curves but now I'm scrawny.....thanks :(

Well done May, size 10 my goodness no wonder you've no boobies left, i am still 14 st 5 n mine have almost gone so can equate with that. xx

todays food

B 1 msbb toasted with 1 egg hardboiled with 1 tomato.
S pear,
L SMALLportion shepherds pie left over from yesterday
S dry granola to nibble on
D PIECE OF FISH FROM CHIP SHOP WITHOUT BATTER ON, 4 CHIPS, LEFT SOME OF IT, HUBBY HAD THE BIGGEST PART N ME JUST A SMIDGE OF IT
S kids box of raisins

snack later beetroot

water n tea xx

Well done Retfordmag and happy surgiversary Maya!! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Here's my menu for today.

B - Petit Filous & 6 grapes.
L - 1 x Warburtons thin, 1 laughing cow, 30g chicken breast.
T - Homemade bolognaise sauce with red & green peppers. 25g of fresh Parmesan.
S - 20g of Brazil nuts.

Drinks - Tea, fruit tea, water and NAS squash.

Back