• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Bellydancer57

Oh thx for reassurance. It'll be good to start a new phase in my recovery. I've now manage to cook a few things for my family & friends. Amazingly I don't feel at all hungry & am not even tempted to lick my fingers. Gonna make a batch of whole grain honey mustard this week to keep me from being bored to tears. Not doing any of my usual things at mo coz can't drive just yet.

mayamoo

Todays menu :) made a lush fish pie today, my sis picked up some small boat shaped ceramics for me to cook with so when I did my big shop I bought a packet of fish pie mix with smoked haddock, cod and salmon, I portioned this up and it makes approx five portions (not bad for three pounds) I defrosted one today added to ceramic, topped with one tbsp low fat garlic and herb Philly, defrosted some frozen mash and added to top (about a tbsp) sprinkled with golden breadcrumbs and sundried tomato and garlic herb mix baked for 35 min.

Breakfast - 1 egg scrambled with half a slice smoked salmon
Lunch - 2 melba toast spread with low fat philly, 1 crabstick, 1 slice smoked salmon
Dinner - homemade fish pie and a spoonful baked beans

Two cups tea, one cup fennel tea, 2 75cl blttles water

ryanrara

RyanRARA
B 1.4 slices grilled Bacon, no rind
L 1 organic mixed fruits yoghurt
D 2 Tesco fish cakes, 1 medium potato (chopped and stir fried) and 2 mushrooms (chopped and stir fried)

Snack 25g McVitties mini choc chip cookies, Walkers S&V French fries Crisps

Drink 1.2 ltr Water, 2 medium skinny lattes, 2 vending machine coffees with milk, 1 instant decaf coffee with SS milk

1042 calories, 52g protein

No Exercise

Bit annoyed with myself, as didn't need choc chips, French fries or lattes. 350 waisted calories!!!!! And dinner was too big!!

Gonna attempt the next three days to have porridge only, breakfast lunch and dinner. And somehow avoid lattes at work!!!! And exercise this weekend!!!!!!

mayamoo

Breakfast - 1 weetabix, 1 tsp splenda, 100ml semi sk milk
Lunch - 1 crabstick, 5 prawns, 1/2 slice smoked salmon, 1 melba toast with low fat Philly and a marble sized baby beetroot
Dinner - 1/2 we chilli with wedges only at one inch long wedge, 1 tbsp beans
Snack - 2 crispbread with low fat Philly

Started taking. Pic of my meals so can show dietician xx

Bellydancer57

Wow matamoros wat a fantastic idea. I might nick tht one if you don't mind?

Bellydancer57

Thx not been that good today with my liquids. Tried some sieved butternut squash soup but took me about an hour to sip bout 100 mls. Such terrible indigestion. I think it is wind because I can eventually clear it by burping after about 10 mins. Horrible feeling though especially as I had such a great start first week post op feel I've gone backwards.

stefwivanf

It will get better! I am now 7 weeks post op and it's only been this week that I have got an appetite. I have actually felt like eating something. Up until now just not felt like eating. Had a slight hiccup where I developed a structure and couldn't keep anything down so had to have it stretched. Today I have eaten:
B: slice toast
L: half a small bowl of homemade butternut squash soup
T: chicken stir fry with my friend (mine was served on a side plate) and it was lovely really enjoyed it.
Well done. Don't worry things will get better :) xx

Bellydancer57

Feeling even worse today. 100 ml milk took 1 1/2 hours to drink, small amount of fruit tea. Horrible pains in middle of chest & burping a lot. Taken a walk around the little park nearby. Nothing shifting it. Just put in a call to my bariatric nurse for further advice. Day 10 post op. boo hoo!

mayamoo

Breakfast - 2 melba toast with low fat pate
Lunch - 40g smoked salmon, 2 crabsticks, 1 melba toast with low fat Philly
Dinner - 25g smoked salmon, 2 crabsticks, 1 x krisproll with low fat philly

Snack 1 - 3 ready prepared thin slices of melon
Snack 2 - 2 x breadsticks

Fennel tea, normal tea, water,

UPDATE: ATE TOO MUCH TOO CLOSE TOGETHER FEELING SICKLY, WISH I COULD ACTUALLY BE SICK BUT I CAN'T :(

Last edited:

Bellydancer57

They didn't call me back & I tried at around 4.30 again no response. I will try again in the morning. My mum bless her suggested I tried 10 ml of Gaviscon. I read up a bit on the Internet & sounds very like gastro oesophogus reflux, apparently common with weight loss surgery. The Gaviscon initial made it a little worse but after about 10 mins it felt much much better. Haven't managed my fluids intake any where near what it should be today but managed all my medications. Actually feeling quite a bit better now so tomorrow is another day. Thx for your post. I will let you & the guys know what happens from the team tomorrow. Nite nite x

mayamoo

Night hope tomorrow is better for you - are you on a fast tab first thing in the morni.g to neutralise acid in your new pouch? - I have to take them for the first three months xx

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Also a good idea to have your fast tab a good hour before breakfast.
Sorry I had not posted for a few days. Been hectic.
Here's today's menu:
B-ready break
L-75g grilled chicken. 2 teaspoon of boiled rice
D - 5 oven chips and 0.75 of a fish cake. (bad call on oven chips, landed up bringing all of dinner back up.

Snacks: 2 laughing cow wedges, 40g cheddar cheese, 25g salt and vinegar thins.

Drinks. 2lrs water, 5 regular coffees with Ss milk

Calories 945
Protein 57g

Bellydancer57

Thx for advice. Take fast tab every morning about 1 hour before I attempt anything. Then take 1 in the evening around 6 at least 30 mins before attempt my evening 'meal'. They do not help. The 10 mls of Gaviscon did help last night & feeling a bit better today. Had 1/2 cup of fruit tea then around 150 ml water sipped throughout morning.
Just bought a cafe au lat slim fast & had about 1/3 of it over about 45 mins & although bumping lots no pain. Never had them before & thought I would hate them, surprising it's OK. Terrified of not getting enough good nutrition & protein. Maybe this will help. Disappointed that my bariatric team gave not responded to me over th last couple of days despite 3 left messages. Normally they are very good!?!

Bellydancer57

Oh dear sorry guys the iPad automatic correction has taken over - meant burping & cafe au Lait!
LOL

mayamoo

Nice to see you back Ryan, hope you are feeling better bellydancer

Went shopping with my sister today (grocery) and I'm loving my.bill being for twenty odd pounds and full of healthy options unlike before! In the cart today was smoked salmon, crabsticks, stuffed chicken thighs, turkey pieces, low fat pate, low fat Philly (sundried tom and garlic) melba toast, a couple of carrots, skim milk, lean lamb steaks, a fish pie mix with salmon, haddock and cod, and a small turkey breast, since getting home I have portioned up and will only need a little fresh stuff next week

Todays,menu:
Breakfast - 3 melba toast with thin spread of low fat pate
Lunch - 1/2 a low fat lasagne
Dinner - 30g smoked salmon, six prawns, 2 melba toast with low fat philly

Snack - 200ml skim milk
Snack - 5 prawns

Going to cut back the carb factor tomorrow even though my cals are low I dont want the carbs creeping up.

2 litres water

Xx

Bellydancer57

Feeling much better thx. Hospital confirmed its a common occurrence & I can take Gaviscon which really helped last night. They're happy from my food diary & meds that I'm doing everything correctly. Just might take me a little longer on stage 1. Have a great weekend guys.

mayamoo

First relatively carb free day for an end of the week weight loss boost (hopefully)

Breakfast -1/2 a scrambled egg, 1/2 a Linda McCartney sausage, 2 tsp baked beans
Lunch - 20g prawns 40g dry fried haddock, 21g low fat philly (garlic n herb) *haddock this way is too dry/stodgy and really made me feel nauseaus for about half an hour! Needs a sauce!!
Dinner - 30g smoked salmon, 20g prawns, 3 baby asparagus, 1 baby beetroot, 20g low fat garlic n herb Philly

3 x tea
1 x fennell tea
1/2 glass water and NAS squash

More fluids to come later x

Last edited: