• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Salted Edamame beans are found with the whole foods such as the dried berries & apricots etc in tescos they have a whole section of dried beans, pulses, nuts & fruit not by the cake making bits nor the packets of peanuts etc. a few weeks back tescos had a buy one get one free promotion in that section.
Happy hunting.

Might try these too!! Please tell me they don't taste like wasabi nuts?! Yuk

Oooo I like pistachio :)

B: half an oatabix with soya milk
L: 1/3 bowl leek and oatmeal soup
D; dessert spoon lf pate & dessert spoon lf soft cheese (didn't finish)
S: cappacino, 1/4 apple & mango J20
W: not enough. Never do when I'm not at home.

Well todys menu am goin to write it down before i eat it then i know what i'm having-
B small bowl cereal ss milk
L 1 SLICE MSbb, 1 thin slice chicken 1/2 tomato, 5 strawberries
S 1 bag of walkers stars- needing to crunch
D chicken curry
water, tea, coffee

Had a nice walk this mornign with hubby down the river looking for some little pebbles to go in a plant pot for our olive trees very pleasant, have to come back up a huge hill by then I was ready for a snack or my lunch really it was almost 12, been over 3 mile round trip easily. So worked up an appetite for my lunch. xx

B - total 0% , strawberries & granola
L - tuna may & ryvita
D - SW quiche
S - 2 slices ham

Tea , peppermint tea
Milk before bed

I am 4 weeks post op bypass on Thursday and have started on stage 2 today. I am not sure of the portion size of the food I should be having.
For example, today I have had:

Breakfast. 2 heaped tablespoons of Ready Brek (about 15g) mixed with enough milk to make it runny.

Lunch. 2oz chunky chicken slices with 1 Aunt Bessie's mashed potato patty

Supper. 100g Fromage Frais with a sachet of Cadbury highlights

Snack Glass of milk.

Am I having too much volume in one go? I am frightened of stretching my pouch.

According to myfitnesspal, that counts to 504 calories and 46g of protein.

Hi Jenny, it seems so long ago I can't remember but my team says anything between half and one tea plate is fine, I def don't think you are eating too much I think u would def feel it if u were x

Breakfast - skipped to go shopping!
Lunch - iceberg lettuce, cue, three crabsticks lf mayo, one ryvita thin
Dinner - one tuna kebab (yumm) half a corn on the cob, fage with garlic

Snack - half a handful fresh peas
Lots of tea

Glad you enjoyed the kebab x

Jenny think your are eating fine fromwhat I remember too. Mayamoo I ahve lost a 1lb too and am now under 16 stone get in!!! thought it would never happen. xxx menu will come later xx

Todays menu so far
B Fat free yoghurt- spoonful of granola
L 2 Apple n pork sausages, lettuce and beetroot 2 chips
S quark with onions and garlic, slices of cucumber
D TO BE ARRANGED YET. trying to keep carbs down.
water,tea and coffee

Eeeek had to share bought a fab Michael Kors belted trench coat today in (get this) a medium! Usually my hand always went straight to the biggest size on the rack in the hope I could squeeze onto it let alone get into a medium in anything designer :)

How lovely. Love Michael Kors. Lucky you.

Eeeek had to share bought a fab Michael Kors belted trench coat today in (get this) a medium! Usually my hand always went straight to the biggest size on the rack in the hope I could squeeze onto it let alone get into a medium in anything designer :)

Very good my daughter has a Michael Kors hand bag, and shoes. She loves her designer stuff, I get her hand me downs xx:8855:

Todays munchies so far

B- Actimel 0% then an hour or so later 3 spoonful of porridge
L - Huge bowl Homemade soup and 2 shortbread fingers
D - still to have but will be prawn salad & boiled egg

Snacks - 1/2 pkt monster munch (gave the rest to my son as I would have eaten them all)

B - total 0% , strawberries & granola
L - SW quiche
D - minted lamb grillsteak , salad , tiny bit couscous
S - lf pate on v small slice toast

Tea , milk before bed.

Breakfast - skipped for drs then shopping
Lunch - tuna kebab, fage and corn on cob
Dinner - chicken breast

Snack - half a bag shapers popcorn

Thought I might start to add to this. One week after bypass. Might be helpful to others, maybe see what other people think too, if I'm getting it right.

B - A ramekin of Total 0% and puréed banana with a little bit of soy milk to thin it out.
L - A very small bowl of leak, potato and ham soup. Puréed and thinned out with water.
D - A ramekin of extra fine lean mince with slow cooked soft carrots puréed with low salt gravy and a ramekin of mash potato, mixed with a little bit of low fat cheese again puréed and thinned out with soy milk. This was delicious but way too much and I was in pain for a little while after. I had to fight old demons and force myself to leave half the potato. I don't think I needed the potato at all but I do still feel full which haven't by this time other days.
D/S - 1 pint of water, 1 peppermint tea and 1 half a cup of soy milk caffeine free tea. Trying to increase my fluids each day but still find it hard to drink more, liquid seems to hurt more than food, even with just little sips.

Last edited:
Back