• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Todays menu

2 cream crackers with peanut butter
S banana
L yoghurt-shape, dairylea triangle, 3 cheese crackers. strawberries
S small handful of dry granola,
D chicken risotto, with peppers n other veg in
1 bag of pom bears
2 asda peanut cookies.
water, tea

Bit of a naughty day but not too bad if i'm having a treat try to have it on weigh day then have week to rectify it xx

Not been posting much as currently up home and got really poor reception.

Out tonight for Chinese with o/h and mate. Think will just end up with soup

Wish me luck lol

Had a strange day foodwise as had to go to bournemouth for my post op checkup. The surgeon and the dietician were really pleased with my progress and he has cleared me for any excercise I want to do. Dietician was really pleased with my weight loss overall, she actually walked past me in the corridor and didn't realise it was me until she called my name for my appointment lol!! I think it takes someone else to make you realise that you have changed so much, as you see yourself everyday it's really hard to be objective. Asked the surgeon if he really had done a proper bypass!!! and he laughed and said definitely.. He even showed me my surgery notes and the size of my pouch. Apparently they used 50ml of blue dye to fill it up to test for leaks, so he said that was about my pouches capacity, and he showed me the part where it says how much of your intestine they bypass, and it was 100cms (just over 3 feet). So was totally reassured..Have to go back in another 6 weeks for my first set of blood tests to check vitamin and mineral levels etc... I thought my GP would do them not the hospital, but I obviously got that wrong..

B 100mls Skim Milk
L Hard boiled egg,40gms lean corned beef
D 100gms healthy living mince patty & 30gms L/F philly
S 2 melba toasts & marmite
S Fresh Peach

Protein 77.5 - Calories 630 - Carbs 19.5 - Fat 21gms
Drinks 1 litre Water - 2 cups green tea - 500ml NAS Squash - 500ml 40gm protein water

Get some photos on Mrs, like to see who i'm chatting to. pleased your check up went wellI haven't found any of the info out that you have bout pouch and bypassed bit. xx well done doing a good job xx

Thanks chrisa.. I had a before pictures taken just before I went in for the surgery, and I have taken a couple of me now and there is definitely a difference. Just need to work out how to stick them together and post them on here. I remember in a thread somewhere someone gave the link to the website where you could join your photos together, so will have to try and find it again..

Do you have kids, well mine are in their 20's and they can do everything they fathomed it out for me n I can do it myself if I play around long enough now, look forward to seeing your pics xx

Nope no children now..I did have a daughter but she was killed in a car accident 3 years ago!! I live alone so no help forthcoming, but will find that thread with that photo editing site info and stick a before and now photo up tonight... xx

just a test post to see if my avatar picture is working...

lol!! It obviously isn't sooo back to the drawing board:sigh:

Chrisa, shelley well done on youre weight loss. both of you are doing amazing. So pleased youre check up went well Amanda, cant wait for mine so i can also get the go ahead for work outs. So sorry to hear about youre daughter Amanda, cant imagine what you went through and still are. You must be one strong lady xxx

Chrisa, shelley well done on youre weight loss. both of you are doing amazing. So pleased youre check up went well Amanda, cant wait for mine so i can also get the go ahead for work outs. So sorry to hear about youre daughter Amanda, cant imagine what you went through and still are. You must be one strong lady xxx

thank you xx

todays menu -
B 1 SENSATIONS SEEDED SLICE TOASTED with peanut butter on
S coffee morning for macmillan, v small bit of carrot cake did not eat it all
L chicken, tomato, cucumber. strawberries
D 1 Oven cooked chicken burger

off out tonight guna av little drink xx pie n peas just avn peas probably xx

Hmm seems I have to resize a photo to make it small enough for my avatar so that shouldnt be too hard. Have found the website to stick photos together and make them one, so will do that over the weekend and get a before surgery and a now photo up there. Must admit there is a difference if I put them side by side, not enough yet, but some at least...

B Nothing (was late for work)
L 2 L/F Laughing Cow triangles
D 200gms grilled rump steak fat taken off & 2 sm potatoes
S Shape yoghurt
S L/F Mousse

Protein 75.5 - Calories 550 - Carbs 31 - Fat 12.5
Drinks litre of water - 500ml 40gm protein water - 1 litre NAS Squash - cup of black coffee

I am amazed that you managed the steak, try to av bit of fruit n veg when you can fit it all in as well, then you get an allround diet i know its difficult xx

Hope everyone is well. I'm finally home after most of the week staying at my cousins and I have to say it's a huge relief. I felt a bit panicky not being able to completely control my food like normal. I could still watch my calories and protein etc but had to eat a lot of easy to cook stuff rather than the fresh whole foods I'm used too now. Not quite ready to be away from my own kitchen for two long I think. I did enjoy Nando's though, had a bit of the lemon and herb chicken with some macho peas. Also had 1 olive and a tiny spoonful of mash to taste it. Lovely but felt bloaty afterwards. I went with my dad and he got a platter, I'm not sure he really understood how little I would eat so he had to eat a lot haha. Next time I think I'll take a tupperware box so I can take some chicken home for the next day.

Menu for today -
Breakfast - Ran out of time again so had to grab a dairylea dunker.
Lunch - Fruit salad.
Dinner - Just made some home made potato skins, with lf mozzarell and ham. Skins were a bit hard to digest.
Snack - going to have a protein shake as my calories and protein are way too low today.

Glad your appointment went well Amanda, I'm sure we will see a huge difference when we see the pictures. Other people see it more definitely.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

That's why I was convinced they hadnt done a proper bypass chrisa!! I can literally eat anything without being sick or dumping, but just in small amounts.. The steak was a really good quality cut and very very tender. You have basically said what the dietician said, and that was to actually cut down the amount of protein and try and balance out my diet with a few more carbs such as fresh fruit and veg etc. So will have to work on that definitely....
I'm just so scared to eat carbs in truth, as it was carbs mostly that got me to be the size I was in the first place...

Thought I'd start posting hereto keep track of my diet and to check I'm doing the right thing. I'm 5 days post bypass, so still on liquid stage. Please feel free to comment if you think I'm not getting enough or doing something wrong. Any help/advice will be greatly received :)

B - 1 peach vitality yogurt drink watered down with milk. 3/4 of a mug of tea.

Snack - 250ml of watered down apple juice.

L - 3/4 mug of oxtail soup thinned with water and bits removed. 250ml of watered down apple juice

Snack - 250ml of watered down apple juice.

Supper - 3/4 mug of tomato soup thinned with milk. Mug of milky coffee.

Is this about right ?

Back