• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass done..home now..bit of advice?

Hi hun, glad you're home safe and well.Lucky you having glue instead of the horrid staples I had;)
I get my protein shakes from www.discountsupplements.co.uk and it's free delivery:D
I was off pain meds by the 4th day, and am pain free nowa t 14 days post op, except for the odd pinch from the wound that has healed the slowest:D

Thanks for a very positive post! I know there are horror stories to be heard but this one gives hope there not all like that.......

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

I have gone all day with no pain relief and while I got up at 5am with the dogs, I fell back to sleep till 9 and have stayed awake pretty much from then! The initial op pain doesn't last and it just turns into a bit of discomfort. My arthritic hips are giving me more jip at the mo to be honest due to me being on my bum continually!

Am going to go onto protein shakes or slimfast etc from tomorrow - I can't drink any more dissolvable multi-vits, they are vile!

While hubby is walking past wafting lovely steak dinner smells past me, I have absolutely no appetite so am not bothered in the slightest :p:p

Oh - and the day before the op I bought off ebay a pair of size 12 ripped faded jeans which I fully intend to be wearing by Xmas!

Oh and just a note after my 'wibble' thread last weekend, Mr Li has assured me that by xmas I will be able to et mince pies.

Just one.

Very slowly.

:happy036::happy036::bliss::bliss:

UPDATE

OK - so now 5 day post op. Off all pain relief since Friday. A bit more energy but still quite light headed / dizzy when I stand up. My friend bought me a couple of packs of 'Little Starts' childrens Fromage Frais - wow, they are gorgeous and I have found something I actually can face putting down my throat! Couple of inches of clear sour, few inches of slimfast and plenty of fluids (which gets easier every day).

Weighed myself this morning, and although there is a small discrepancy between my scales and the ones I originally got weighed at clinic, my ones here are the same as the ones at the hospital - so I lost about 1stone 2lb pre-op which was 10 days slimfast/no carbs (this is including the discrepancy)..I did 10 days but was told to do a week. So this morning I am 2lb off 2 stone, but bear in mind that is a few pounds out from the orginial weigh in at clinic..still, since they weighed me on Tues prior to the op, I have lost 12lb. Not bad going eh?

I am off the multi-vits orange flavour dissolvable tabs as they just grossed me out and try to keep my vits etc up with the slim fast etc. When I walked in the front room this morning Hubby said 'wow, your face is looking skinny!'...cheers, but my face and pin size head have never been the problem, it has all been neck down :bunnydance::bunnydance::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

hi tpt im a week on post band op and i totally understand both your pain getting home and the getting the liquid meds down im just starting to catch up on here and good luck with your journey it nearly killed me getting back from preston to sunderland (with pillows aswell) and it was the pain in my shoulders that was causing the problem and i think part of the reason i have felt so weak is by the time i have taken all the liquid meds i have been bloated and not really able to get enough down anyway whinging over lol i feel much better and im sure u do too we r both on the losers bench !!!! xxheather

Amazing recovery and congratulations!

I was 9 days after the Sleeve before I stopped taking pain meds but I had dwindled down slowly.

In all honesty, it's been said before, it was the pain in my butt-cheek that caused me the most discomfort!

The eating pains eventually go but I know it was more annoying that actually hurting for me!

You've done brilliant so far and I'm pleased you're on a fast road to recovery!

Heather - I know exactly how that feels-which is why i have ditched my vits and make sure I am getting them through the slimfast etc, I also drink milk throughout the day. Try the From Frais, they are gorgeous and full of nutrients. The shoulder pain is common due to the gas and the diaphragm..I had it in my left shoulder but luckily it went pretty quickly.

I am feeling a lot more upbeat and back to my normal self today and other than the dizziness, feel fine..but it's all baby steps eh?

Thank Mixman..swallowing is much easier now, if I take more than tiny sips I still get the pain but it only lasts for a couple of seconds. I might get dressed today and see how my jeans fit!

I wore jeans for the first time in nearly a month the other day! They were soooo baggy!!! I have had to tighten my belt by an extra 2 notches :D

So I have lost about 3-4 inches off my waist already :D

I'm probably getting weighed on Thursday on my first hospital visit since the op. It will be exactly 1 month after the op! I can't guess how much I have lost!

5 days down and you sound fab ! hope mine goes as well lol :)

Glad to hear you pain has subsided. Hope you got those jeans hung on the front of your wardrobe ready lol. :p

p.s. my phone died, will send you a message with new number :p so if ye sent any messages im not ignoring ye :D

I'm probably getting weighed on Thursday on my first hospital visit since the op. It will be exactly 1 month after the op! I can't guess how much I have lost!

Blimey - bey you are sooooo excited!! Tell us when you get back from hospital ok?

Elffie01 said:
5 days down and you sound fab ! hope mine goes as well lol :)

Glad to hear you pain has subsided. Hope you got those jeans hung on the front of your wardrobe ready lol. :p

p.s. my phone died, will send you a message with new number :p so if ye sent any messages im not ignoring ye :D

LOL - no it's cool...tell you what, I have to go back to Manchester in about 6 weeks which is all the way along the M62 - as long as you don't live in the bowels of Bradford, we could met for a coffee?

sounds fine lol but im hoping Im in surgery or recovering by then so be warned ;) as much as Id love to see you dancng rings round me lol

Hi TPT
glad you are starting to feel good and well done on your weight loss so far.I'm a bit worried on the description of the journies home.I will have 220 miles to travel and would welcome any tips from you that would/might make that easier. Best wishes for your continued speedy recovery xx

Hi TPT
glad you are starting to feel good and well done on your weight loss so far.I'm a bit worried on the description of the journies home.I will have 220 miles to travel and would welcome any tips from you that would/might make that easier. Best wishes for your continued speedy recovery xx

Hmmm..avoid bumps! We have a brand new Qashqai which we bought specifically for comfort, so I just dropped the front seat back and hubby was steady away! Bear in mind I went home 24hrs after my op so I was still rather raw! But another loser mentioned pillows - use padding to avoid the bumps is my best advise and if you don't have a comfy car, BORROW ONE!!!:)

Back