• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Job done

steve.wain

Had my bypass on Saturday, no problems. Now back home, feeling bloated and a little sore, I'm told it'll go away soon.

After the operation the worst pain was in my shoulder, caused by the gas apparently. I had a morphine pump attached so I could control the pain, but it didn't work for the shoulder, but hardly any pain from the wounds.

Had two cuppa soups, one ice cream and two polo's since Friday. Must be loosing weight. Doc. says to get some sugar free mints.

Don't feel much like waffling now, but I'll get back later.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome to the losing side. Nice to be home isnt it lol :D

Take it easy, it only gets better now :)

Welcome home Steve. Glad it all went well and now you get to be a loser.

Glad you made it through mate let us know when you feel better. If thats all you've eaten you need to up that a tad though :D:D

Congrats Steve, speedy recovery wishes sent to you :)

congrats steve, welcome to the losers side x

Oh thats good steve, im glad its all over you, hopefully the weight will start dropping off you now, take it easy

Kate x

Had my bypass on Saturday, no problems. Now back home, feeling bloated and a little sore, I'm told it'll go away soon.

After the operation the worst pain was in my shoulder, caused by the gas apparently. I had a morphine pump attached so I could control the pain, but it didn't work for the shoulder, but hardly any pain from the wounds.

Had two cuppa soups, one ice cream and two polo's since Friday. Must be loosing weight. Doc. says to get some sugar free mints.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome back Steve

Glad all went well for you...when you are up to it, would love to hear your story.

Watch the sugar free mints...they will make you have diarrhoea.

(((hugs)))

Well done Steve, How are you doing now. Every one seems to get this trapped wind/gas cure seems to be gripe water and keep moving.

Not sure if by passers can have that due to sugar content .

Best wishes

glad everything went well for you.x

Cheers

Steve

HI Steve
glad your ok and best wishes for a speedy recovery :)
I had my bypass lap and had bad wind pains for four weeks. Try some peppermint squash, I got mine from tescos or some baby gripe water that helps some people. The best thing that I found that helped me was walking around, it seems to shift the wind.

Hope this helps :) :)

Hi folks, thanks for all the good wishes, makes me feel all nice and warm inside.

I'm definitely having trouble eating enough, haven't managed to get past one cuppa soup, a protein shake and a couple of mints in a day yet. Feel like I've eaten an elephant after the shake.

Can't take any of my medication (for blood pressure) without a lot of discomfort because of the amount of water involved with washing down the crushed tablets. Pain killers a problem too. (I have dodgy knees) The fizzy paracetamols are disgusting, does anyone know of a better one? Did any of you have hypertension and did the bypass cure it? I've been measuring mine since I got home and it's been quite within the normal range without any meds.

Dreamt of pies last night, how pathetic is that?

Lost a stone since Friday, probably mostly water, but feeling much better by the day.

Thanks again for all your good wishes.

Love

Steve

Welcome to the losing side steve, keep the fluids going in and gently moving around and all will go well, try pepermint tea and or gripe water to shift the wind.

LIQUID paracetamol!!!

Fizzy stuff is just yuk yuk yuk. It'll be making the wind worse too. Seriously get to Lloyds for some paracetamol suspension it's 250mg in 5mls so you need to take 20mls, and it's sugar free so easily digested.

Hope you feel a bit better soon, I am a week ahead of you and you sound like you are at the same stage I am so you are doing ok.

Best wishes

Rx

Back