• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i am banded

Congratulations. Peppermint tea and/or diluted peppermint cordial are very good for the wind problem as is moving around.

Hi everyone,
I'm home and am banded!

went down at 9am yesterday morning, was out cold by 9.30 and in recovery by 10.45. i woke up retching and had terrible hiccups which hurt my belly like hell so i was given a bit of extra pain relief.
Back in my room i was really pleased to see my OH and eldest daughter waiting for me. The nurses were brill, and as i had 3 bags of fluid through a drip i never really felt too thirsty. Had barium xray at 8.30 this morning and was given the ok to go home.
I only had water from op until i got home at 11.40 today, i have now tried bovril, sugar free squash and a coffee. all seems ok.
I'm in a little bit of pain, hard to get up/down and am very full of wind, wish i could just have a good old guff!! but really not too bad pain wise.
can't think of much else to report yet sure it'll come to me later so watch this space lol

So pleased that everything seems to gone really well...

Look forward to hearing all about it when you are up to it.

(((hugs)))

glad you're home as well!! hope your recovery goes well ;)

thanks so much everyone. been having little wanders and had some gripe water, yuk! still full of gas but it is moving xx

Hi Julia and welcome to the losers team. If the wind is so bad try gripe water (babies) this should help. It helped me loads and with the movement it was gone in a couple of days. Have a good dose too not just a sip. Glad all went well with the opxxx

welcome to the losers side julia ;);););)

woohoo congratulations xxxxx
Hope you are feeling tip top soon x

thanks so much everyone. been having little wanders and had some gripe water, yuk! still full of gas but it is moving xx

Ive been getting neck ache but when ive got up and moved its warn off. :rolleyes: Must be gas. !
there is one good thing to be said about the oxygen they give you in hosp, it bungs your nose up so it doesnt matter to you if you are pongy or not lmao as you cant smell anything, Im happily wandering around tooting every so often, dont think the family are im pressed but im in no hurry to get rid of my blocked nose :rotflmao:

Congrats Julia! I got home today. Really tired, sore, but I'll get over it.

Here's to the new us :)

xxx

congrtulations to both hayley and julia xxx

Well done to both of you girls, keep us posted when able .
Take care and rest up as much as possible Mia

Mornin hun how are ya feeling today, hope the wind has calmed down and u have a speedy wind free recovery xxxx

Back