• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in my shoulder after op

vanilla-cupcake

Hi everyone, had my band op last Saturday 27th and im still suffering from REALLY sore pains in my shoulder , tried deflatine etc but nothing is helping....is this normal and if so how long should it last

Cheers
Kate

Hi

The best thing you can do is keep moving, the more you move about the quicker the trapped wind will be released. And when it does boy do you know it lol - the wind will be blowing free in your area of Northern Ireland.

Take care!

this is a pain from trapped wind,mazza is right the more active you are the quicker it will go away x

I have the same thing. Really painful but have been plodding around and it seems to be a bit easier today. Not everyone gets it - I guess we're just lucky!!!!

I had my bypass laparoscopically and had bad wind pains after, mine lasted about three weeks but the more you can walk about the better it shifts it for you. Have you tried gripe water that babies have? It helped me with my tummy wind but it may help with shoulders too? Also peppermint squash you can get this may help also. Good luck it will soon pass :)

I was up and moving while in HDU and drinking gripe water. I'd heard so much about how painful this trapped wind is from the peeps on here I really did'nt want to experience it. Hardly suffered though so it proves movement is the best solution. Good luck on shifting that pain.

yup, the sooner/quicker you move the better, the ppl that refuse to get of bed and try because of the pain the wind causes then they will have delayed pain x

Back