• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i am banded

julia in bath

Hi everyone,
I'm home and am banded!

went down at 9am yesterday morning, was out cold by 9.30 and in recovery by 10.45. i woke up retching and had terrible hiccups which hurt my belly like hell so i was given a bit of extra pain relief.
Back in my room i was really pleased to see my OH and eldest daughter waiting for me. The nurses were brill, and as i had 3 bags of fluid through a drip i never really felt too thirsty. Had barium xray at 8.30 this morning and was given the ok to go home.
I only had water from op until i got home at 11.40 today, i have now tried bovril, sugar free squash and a coffee. all seems ok.
I'm in a little bit of pain, hard to get up/down and am very full of wind, wish i could just have a good old guff!! but really not too bad pain wise.
can't think of much else to report yet sure it'll come to me later so watch this space lol

Congratulations on the swift return home! Hope for your sake the wind starts coming out soon, poor OH & kids lol...

Seriously am looking forward to reading all about your journey xx

thanks girls. i have to say i do remember thinking last night that i had changed my mind! bit late eh?! was just on a downer though because i could smell food! that cup of bovril i had when i got home was lovelly after 7 days of yogs and a day of water.

hi julia, im glad alls went well for you, congratulations and welcome to the losers side xxx

liz xxx

Happy to hear all went well for you, best wishes for a speedy recovery,

congratulations babes glad everything went really well and ur home and feeling ok.

i wonder if there is anything u can do to get rid of the wind? i alway suck mints, but im guessing that isout of the question?
or peppermint cordial?
it might sound stupid but i know wind can cause so much pain i would wanna do something to get rid
bless ya
xxxxxxxxxx

awww, you guys xxx

congrats on joining losing side. best wishes for your recovery and look forward to hearing more from later.

congrats you loser lol:p

Ive been thinking of u all day, so glad ur back and well, i was praying u had posted so i wud know u were ok, im sooo happy for u hun, love ya lots, xxx

Congrats and have fun on the losing side.

Back