• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass 're-do' or band over bypass?

meecestopieces

Has anyone any opinions or observations on which is the better method for revision of a gastric bypass?
Or indeed any other method, preferably uk based procedure?
All replies gratefully received.
Pouch( a little-9ounces) and stomi stretched.
self funding.
I have around 100lbs to lose (boy that sounds daunting!)

I think my only advice would be to ensure the surgeon has plenty of revision experience. Some UK surgeons hardly ever do revisions and they are much more complex and take longer than original surgery. My original surgeon in Belgium did my band to bypass surgery, I returned to him as I had confidence in his abilities, i.e. He performed 3 band to mini bypass surgeries on the same day as my revision.

I know he doesn't do the FOBI as I asked about this at one point but he did offer to leave my band in situ as a band over bypass. I opted to have it removed as living with it had become unbearable. So thats all I can suggest is that you find a revision surgeon and ask what are your options.

Good luck.

Honestly...I would save your money, sometimes you have to just know when to stop and I'm being totally honest here. If you gave stretched you original pouch then no matter what you do next you will probably have the same issues in the future. Even a band over a bypass..put too much in and you could cause band slippage. I'm not being awful but I don't think the answer lies with more surgery. As we all know on here the food demons go way beyond just eating too much...you need a new long term plan and to work with what you have already.
Good luck with whatever you choose but here we are always willing to offer support and encouragement x

I had the band put over my bypass! Best decision ever.....not been 'easy' but no regrets.

I was originally 23 stone, got down to 12.5......slowly put on over 9 years....I was 17.2 week I started pre op diet, had band in October 2014 (28th), now at 12.6.....xxxx

I had the band put over my bypass! Best decision ever.....not been 'easy' but no regrets. I was originally 23 stone, got down to 12.5......slowly put on over 9 years....I was 17.2 week I started pre op diet, had band in October 2014 (28th), now at 12.6.....xxxx

Hey
I'm about to have revision surgery, and so scared, I was 26st down to 13st and then slowly over 9 years went back up to 22st.
What option did u have? And where ?
Sorry hope u don't mind me asking you questions
X

Back