• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers - anyone want to share a typical day's menu???

kell

Hi, im nearly 9 weeks post bypass op now. Im starting to feel better and less sick but this in turn means im starting to eat more!:eek:

Just wondered if anyone wanted to post what they eat in a typical day so I can see if im eating too much?

I really need to get into a routine of eating at certain times etc.

The problem is im still unsure of what 'healthy' foods I should be eating every day and how much?

I dont seem to have much variety in my food and seem to eat the same things, so just looking for some new food ideas and amounts etc

Thanks all x

I am pre op but there are lots of post op menus in the menu file hope that helps

Jay xx

Phatgirl will be along shortly to give you some sound advice - she is top banana at nutrition.

Isn't there some rule of thumb to do with percentages on what is on a plate? protien, carb & fats? I will look it up in my SW kit if no-one supplies it.

Thanks girls, i'll have a look at the menu's for ideas :)
I also wanted to know what a bypasser would eat in a day as in what, when and how much/often...if you know what I mean lol :)

At 9 weeks post-op, here was a typical day for me:

By the stage I had progressed to normal foods and was eating 3 meals & 1 snack:

Breakfast - yogurt & some diced tinned peaches
Lunch - 3 slices of turkey, 3 slices of cheese rolled up and a small dill pickle
Dinner - 1 ounce of roasted pork with gravy, 2 tablespoon roasted veg, 1 tablespoon sweet potato

Snack - protein bullet, milky coffee & options hot choc

Hope that helps you. An easy guide to a balanced way of eating is eat 2 bites of protein to every bite of carb. Choose complex carbs (whole grains, fruit, non-starchy veg) over simple carbs (refined flour, rice, pasta, white potatoes). Make sure that you are making your diet 50% protein and make sure to eat a wide variety of fruits and veg.

Nic:)

Mine would be typically this

6.45 Fruit (Grapes, or Pineapple etc)

7.15 One Weetabix with milk

10.30 Yogurt

13.00 Small Tuna Salad no dressing

18.00 Chicken with veg (No potatoes)

I see the fruit and yogurt as my snacks so I don't take anything else.

As an alternative I'll have Spag Bol with three table spoons of meat/sauce to one spaghetti one piece Garlic bread.
Or Small bowl chili three table spoons to two rice
Or stewed steak with gravy, say 8 small bite size pieces of steak with veggies (Nom nom nom....)
Or Curried chicken with rice same proportions (About half of what you'd get with a single person ready meal)

Volumes will depend how much activity on the day and just how hungry I feel. I stop before I feel full.

Alternative weekend would be small tin beans with half a piece of toast and maybe piece of bacon if I feel decadent.

Now this is what works for me so far, and my NUT is happy with it. You should go with the advice given by your team.

I also did 20 Min's on the stationary bike four times a week, and went to the gym for the first time today to increase my muscle tone and overall fitness. My knees are too goosed to walk the required amount :(

Like I say Nic is far better informed about nutrition than me so hers is the advice to follow chick.

Hi

Typical day at 9 weeks for me

Breakfast: 100g cottage cheese
Lunch 50g Cottage cheese and 50gs of prawns
Dinner; 50g chicken or salmon, mushrooms, onion, pineapple stir fried
Snack: protein shot 42g
2 litres fluid

Hope its all going well for you

M

Thanks all for your replies, very helpful :) x

Back