• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food sticking..will i ever learn?

phatmomma

Ouch i've got food sticking and it's not pleasant! I had my tea late as i've been to a wls group meeting. Didn't eat till just before 10 o'clock. I could feel my food sticking for a good hour before i went to bed. Lay in bed feeling wind and god knows what else coming up my throat, tossing and turning and finally went and threw up in the toilet, only it wasn't really food and i still feel like my chicken tikka is stuck. Have finally given into the ghost and come downstairs for a glass of milk and to see if i can shift this, no way are my fingers going down my throat, yuk yuk yuk!

I'm so annoyed, i had chicken tikka last night and no problems!

For those who've yet to experience food sticking i just wanted to let you know that it won't disappear and digest after a couple of hours. Well it hasn't on the 3 occasions now i've had it. It stays there till ejected and it's darn uncomfortable!

Last edited:
I feel your pain Julie. I have had this happen to me too many times. It is the worst feeling ever and just won't shift until up it comes! xx

Nothing like it and praying doesn't help...it has to enter the big white telephone before there is any relief

M

o gosh julie hope your feeling abit better this morning!! ive had something similar and its not pleasent xx

I find this quite common if I eat late, I have to have my main meal at around 2pm to be able to digest it thoroughly, If I try to eat the same thing after 7pm, it sticks and I can only manage a mouthful !

Thanks for this post, shall make sure I take note of not eating late xxxxxx

Thanks for your replies i will avoid eating late in future! I don't think it helped that my chicken tikka was cold, i didn't particularly want to warm it through again. I have had a snack at that time of night before and being ok, i guess last night was unfortunate. It finally shifted at 3 and i went back up to my bed... Think i'll avoid chewy food today :) x

did you chew chew chew? I had this all the way through my bypass and occasionally these days too...for me its when I forget to chew the recommended 30 times per mouthful lol x

Sal i'm a buggar for not chewing enough! I am going to make a concerted effort now with chewing... Thanks for the tip :) I also still eat at the speed i used to eat post op and this also needs addressing. Luckily i know i've had enough and stop, unlike pre op when you realise 20 minutes later you really shouldn't have had the last lot of grub :)

It's a definite learning curve and i will embrace it along with everything else i've learned :)

Thanks everyone xx

Lol hun - Im still like that 16 months out...wolfing food down, its just instead of eating again half an hour later like pre-op...I still manage to wait til the next meal post op! hqaha ;)

i must admit ive been lucky so far and not had this problem, only thing i can think of is that i do tend to eat very slow, i dont seem to eat any different now to before i had my op, i dont think i fancy it though, so ill be very conscious of it now, just in case. i hope your ok now Julie.

Glad it finally went, Chicken tikka is yummy tho lol x

MissCharlie i've been very careful with what i've eaten today. I had a couple of ryvitas earlier with cheese spread n ham on and could feel them although they weren't stuck. Think Tina (my pouch) is feeling delicate. Just warmed some cock a leekie soup up n had a couple of spoons but just not enjoying it. What i really wanted was Ravioli been fancying it for the last hour or two. Am going to leave the soup and after my bath grab a glass of milk n chill :) xx

MissCharlie i've been very careful with what i've eaten today. I had a couple of ryvitas earlier with cheese spread n ham on and could feel them although they weren't stuck. Think Tina (my pouch) is feeling delicate. Just warmed some cock a leekie soup up n had a couple of spoons but just not enjoying it. What i really wanted was Ravioli been fancying it for the last hour or two. Am going to leave the soup and after my bath grab a glass of milk n chill :) xx

Poor Tina. How bizarre I brough cockaleekie soup today never tried it, does it just taste of leeks? x

Julie it could be that your food got stuck because it was cold. I struggle with stuck food especially cooked chicken if it's cold so I tend to avoid it. Like you I also try to eat as fast as I did pre op and don't chew as thoroughly as I should. But even with thorough chewing tiny bits, cold chicken tends to get stuck.

Not sure if this works - I never got round to trying it but someone told me if food gets stuck to drink some pure pineapple juice. Apparently, the acidity in the pineapple dissolves the meat enough to make it pass through.

Back