• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers, Staple Stitch or both?

PinkyButtonz

Just wanted to know if they staple, stitch or both.

I always thought they just stapled, but a friend told my mum they did both to her.

I guess it depends on the surgeon and how clean the entry wounds are. I just got stapled :D

according to my surgeons booklet Ill be getting both :eek:

and on leaving a disposable staple remover so i can take them out later, oh no my bad :eek: so the NURSE can take them out later :p

Stapled, but would have preferred glue:eek:

Not sure if my question was clear or i've got the wrong end of the stick. I wanted to no if the Pouch was stapled, stitched or both.

Sorry if I'm having thick moment lol. Some of you are saying glued, i'm assuming your mean external wounds?

One continous stitch outside that disolves - leaving a neat scar xx

It will always depend on the surgeons preference whether they glue or stitch. Obviously if it has been done as an open op then you will have all stitches inside and either stitches or staples outside, again down to the surgeon.
Mixman you are looking great well done

Jay xx

Stapled inside and out, all healed nice and neat.

Lx

Mr Pollard told me that no one stitches the pouch. It is ALWAYS stapled, and when they say they use stitches instead of staples, apparently they're referring to the new connection of the bypassed bit of intestine that is joined up to the pouch.

Just repeating what i was told by my surgeon.

Back