• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypasses this a question for you lot!!

alison1979

Hi all i know its not a nice question, but you know when they cut your intestine does it alter or cause problems when you go for a number 2:kissass::eek:. x

Hi all i know its not a nice question, but you know when they cut your intestine does it alter or cause problems when you go for a number 2:kissass::eek:. x

Hi Alison1965

I have had a bypass 8 weeks ago, I’m glad to say I have no problems with No 2’s. in the first two weeks following the Op I had both a bit of Diarrhea and constipation at times but I was prescribed senna laxative for the latter and I soon was back to normal.

Stavros

hi alison i havent had my surgery yer, but i have read up that you do not go the toilet as often as before you had surgery.
its all due to the amount of food you eat after surgrey.

so the answer is yes your bowle movements do change after surgery. xxx

toilet matters

hi alison i havent had my surgery yet
but i have read up that you do not go the toilet as often as before you had surgery.

sorry i dont think it causes problems i think stavros has answered that one. xx

hi alison i havent had my surgery yer, but i have read up that you do not go the toilet as often as before you had surgery.

Hi All

Yes it could be said that your bowel movements do change after surgery, but only in the amount and size of, How do I Put this nicely!!, stools you pass in the day and in my case how many times. This is due to the smaller amounts of food I eat in a day. There really is nothing to worry about!

Stavros

Hi All

Yes it could be said that your bowel movements do change after surgery, but only in the amount and size of, How do I Put this nicely!!, stools you pass in the day and in my case how many times. This is due to the smaller amounts of food I eat in a day. There really is nothing to worry about!

Stavros

Thanks everyone, i only go about 3 times a week now anyway so will never go lol you have all answered my question thank you x

Hi Alison, Hope everyone has set your mind at rest but I'll add my two pennies worth for good measure :) I am 6 week post op & 'went' the first time 4 days after surgery but not much & it was a very light colour. My first normal motion was 8day post op & I haven't looked back since. I go about every other day & have not been either constipated nor had diarrhoea ... The first time I was afraid it would hurt but it didn't at all :) So although some people do struggle, I think it may be what they eat that causes the problem, not the actual surgery. Hope it all goes well for you, lovely xxx :)

Hi Alison, Hope everyone has set your mind at rest but I'll add my two pennies worth for good measure :) I am 6 week post op & 'went' the first time 4 days after surgery but not much & it was a very light colour. My first normal motion was 8day post op & I haven't looked back since. I go about every other day & have not been either constipated nor had diarrhoea ... The first time I was afraid it would hurt but it didn't at all :) So although some people do struggle, I think it may be what they eat that causes the problem,(not in all cases, obviously) not the actual surgery. Hope it all goes well for you, lovely xxx :)

Thank you twinkle, thats great news x

Dont worry Alison, toilet habits and bowel movements are possibly one of the most often talked about here sometimes!!:D

For what its worth, I 10 weeks post now and go every day without any problem. I do have a handful of raisin/berry mix daily to help though.

You'll be fine and good luck:)

SARAH S said:
Dont worry Alison, toilet habits and bowel movements are possibly one of the most often talked about here sometimes!!:D

For what its worth, I 10 weeks post now and go every day without any problem. I do have a handful of raisin/berry mix daily to help though.

You'll be fine and good luck:)

Thanks pleased it's all ok ;)

Drink lots of water and you will be fine , in fact I found after the op ( I am 3 years post op) I was going to do 2 more often as I was often a once a week kin dof gal now far more often so feel my body works more efficiently with the food i eat!! Good luck

Back