• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens on the day of surgery and just a few Q's

Hi Amy,

when did you get your date through? the reason I'm asking is that I'm provisionally booked in for 14th Dec up at SRH and am hoping it will be definately confirmed in the next week.
they had wanted me in at the end of October, but due to uni commitments I can't take time off until nearer Christmas hols, so had to postpone the surgery. They provisionally booked me for 14/12/11 as they didn't have theatre lists sorted that far ahead, but I'm guessing that if you're a definate for the 9th then I should hear very soon. :cool:

I got my date on Wednesday just gone. It's a shame ur not in on the 9th.

Are you excited I know I still have 4 weeks to go but I seriously can't wait lol

thanks Amy, from that then I reckon I should hear mid to end of next week. have you got a date for your pre op yet?

I'm nervous, not really sure why because I've had a band before and sort of know what to expect from the recovery side...I'm guessing it's just the end of a very long process and can't quite believe it's here :eek:

Yvonne x

thanks Amy, from that then I reckon I should hear mid to end of next week. have you got a date for your pre op yet?

I'm nervous, not really sure why because I've had a band before and sort of know what to expect from the recovery side...I'm guessing it's just the end of a very long process and can't quite believe it's here :eek:

Yvonne x

I don't have date yet for pre op - waiting for nurse to ring me directly.

I'd give them a ring on Monday first thing maybe they can get you in before or if that date is better for you get them to pin it down for you.

I cried when they told me my date over the phone - not ashamed to admit it lol. I'm worried by two things the injections and what I will look like. I'm worrie I won't know the person looking back in the mirror which is silly I know.

How long have you had to wait if you don't mind me asking x

Try not to stress, honey ... this is making your BP higher ... If he is worth hanging on to then go for it, sweet ... Sorry he is ill :wave_cry: you can maybe recover together xxx :):)

Ah don't be everything happens for a reason he is getting better. He is worth it just hope he thinks so lol anyway enough of him lol as he says it's all about me haha. He is ultra supportive and he loves me he can't wait to see me truly happy and neither can I.

Thanks for all your supportive xx

ooh deary me i've not been doing my research properly i've been taking sanatogen a-z multivits and feroglobin liquid (as i've had bother with iron levels in the past and didnt want to take any chances!) but i've still not received my confimation letter yet, although i spoke to mr s' secretary and i'm def confirmed for the 25th november... ah well i'm not technically doing the milk diet until the 15th so time yet... even if i have been on it now since monday :-/

Red if I was you I would phone them. I kept putting off ringing but got a date when I did. Definitely worth it for peace of mind x

ooh deary me i've not been doing my research properly i've been taking sanatogen a-z multivits and feroglobin liquid (as i've had bother with iron levels in the past and didnt want to take any chances!) but i've still not received my confimation letter yet, although i spoke to mr s' secretary and i'm def confirmed for the 25th november... ah well i'm not technically doing the milk diet until the 15th so time yet... even if i have been on it now since monday :-/

Rachel you're on the same day as me. Exciting isn't it.

Kate x

Red if I was you I would phone them. I kept putting off ringing but got a date when I did. Definitely worth it for peace of mind x

I'll give it till Tuesday then I'll be ringing them. My schedule is so tight at the moment that if they need me for a pre op assessment it will have to be during week commencing 21st November. I'm a student nurse and over the next 4 weeks I'm out on placement and can't miss any of that time. That's why I had to postpone my op until nearer Christmas :rolleyes:
I'm going to start my pre op diet tomorrow as I'm 2lb over my target weight...I know how strict they are, so I'm starting early :eek:

Good Luck to everyone who's having their surgery in the next few weeks xx

The hospital I am going to get you in on the day of the op as far as I know.
I was told they put a catheter in while your under which I was worried about but the lovely ladies I have talked to have said its all fine.
I need to take multi vitamins when I do my milk diet but I am doing about a week as waiting on blood tests after my injections. I wasn't told I didn't need them with me in hospital.
I do hope they let my hubby be waiting for me when I come out of surgery as I have agoraphobia and I think I may struggle just after the anaesthectic.
Good luck hun its exciting time for us :D

It is very exciting, I'm trying not to be too excited as I have a little wait before my op lol.

I also hope they let your hubby be there. Can't see them wanting to get you stressed and upset after a major operation.

Maybe you should have a word and if they say no explain an ask them to bend the rules this once.

Have you started packing your bag yet ??? I have lol x

I had my pre op about 10 days ago and nurse said to keep taking multi vits but to stop my echineacea as it can affect clotting x x

I had my pre op about 10 days ago and nurse said to keep taking multi vits but to stop my echineacea as it can affect clotting x x

Anna best of look for ur op, only 2 more days bet you are sooooo excited. I am and mine is ages away.

Just looking at your signature, you've had a long wait on the actually op list / but you made it to the list really quickly i waited months lol. But I havent waited long for an actual op date funny how it works.

I'm pleased its nearly here for you. X

Anna best of look for ur op, only 2 more days bet you are sooooo excited. I am and mine is ages away.

Just looking at your signature, you've had a long wait on the actually op list / but you made it to the list really quickly i waited months lol. But I havent waited long for an actual op date funny how it works.

I'm pleased its nearly here for you. X

Think as I am a Sleever, I did not need an Endoscopy... so on list at last consultant appointment however waiting list was still 5-6 months after that lol x x x

Think as I am a Sleever, I did not need an Endoscopy... so on list at last consultant appointment however waiting list was still 5-6 months after that lol x x x

It's a long list wish they could just employ 50 surgeons and get everyone who has been waiting so long done and dusted and on the road to recovery...... But we can only dream.

XXX

xxpigsgalorexx said:

That's weird cos it was Nurse Dawn Hunter who said to stop taking them. Bizarre considering same hospital. Seem things differ even that close lol

I'm going in the thursday afternoon for op on the Friday hopefully I will be out by the Sunday.

Not long for you either then, hopefully you'll enjoy your Xmas. Good luck for ur surgery xx

Thanks hun. I'll keep an eye on your post op posts to see what I've got coming lol!! xx

Don't worry I'll keep you fully updated.

Where are you having your op ????

I'm getting annoyed with myself I have waited so long and took it all in my stride but now its only 3 weeks and 4 days away I just can't seem to wait lol.

X

Hi

I'm having surgery on the 9/12. All they have told me so far is that I need to start liver diet 10 days before. I also know what the pre-op assessment will entail.

What I would like to know is :-
why do they want you in the hospital the day before ? they start you on blood thinning injections the night before your op, you will see the doctors (surgeons and anaesthetist) for consent forms etc, they also need to ensure you are strictly nil by mouth ;)
Does everyone have a catheter? I didn't but I had a sleeve, they like to get u up as soon as possible after the op which enables u to go to the toilet ;)
Can you get a pill to help you relax before the op ? Yes I asked for a pre med when I saw the anaesthetist ;)
Do I need to take multi vitamins in with me ? I took mine ;)
Can you have someone waiting for you when you come out of surgery ? Don't know... I just waited until visiting, I was so sleepy my poor hubby sat between 6-8pm on the evening and I didn't speak to him ;)

This next question is aimed at people who've had surgery at Sunderland RH ..... Can you wear your underwear during your operation ?? Yes I did.... and they were still on when I woke up ;)

Also is the pain really that bad ??? Uncomfortable I would say.... managed on paracetamol.... yesterday (day 1) was the worst..... today (day 2) I feel much much better ;)

Thanks all in advance.

Amy x

I have tried to answer your questions although I had a sleeve and you are having a bypass.... not sure how many others were discharged today x x

Back