• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cadburys High Lights or Options

I miss coffee!!! I wondered if hot chocolate (options or high lights) are ok to have post-op.

I really want a drink to warm me up and don't drink tea. xx

:coffee:

I drink coffee all the time. I make mine with milk now to up my protein (about 8g in 200mls ss milk). I don't think I could start my day without one! lol

Both of the hot chocolate drinks are ok to use, again you could make both of these with milk to.

I've been told to avoid caffeine. I can't drink decaf coffee xx:yuk:​

I used to drink double strength espressos - no mik, no sugar - probably a good thing to give it up xx

Well there's another new one! It weird how the post-op diet varies up & down the country. I think if I was told to live without caffine I'd have to be sedated!

I do miss it - my husband used to bring me fresh espresso in bed every morning - it was our little ritual. Now he makes it just for himself and he doesn't bring it back to bed xx

:needhug:​

That's odd. I don't remember being told by anyone at CX to not have caffeine. I drink it all the time, very often with milk (with added dried milk if I'm being indulgent). Is this a sleeve requirement?

That's odd. I don't remember being told by anyone at CX to not have caffeine. I drink it all the time, very often with milk (with added dried milk if I'm being indulgent). Is this a sleeve requirement?
I'm not sure John. It could be because I've had stomach ulcers in the past. I'll ask next time I'm there xx

I have tried both of those hot chocolates and have been fine with both.
One bit of advice though, if you try one of the single serving ones to check out a new flavour be VERY careful. I dont know if dumping is an issue with sleevers but those single ones can have more sugar in them. I had a white chocolate one and I had a mild dumping session, I didnt feel good for it. I found that the ones that DONT have a sugar content on them are higher sugar.
Just look very carefully.
In general though they are fine. Made with milk is even better for protein.
Steph xx

Thanks for that Steph. Sleevers don't normally dump, but they can - it's just rare. Having said that, I have found that I am super sensitive to food smells now. My mother in law was having dessert (she's in a nursing home) when we were visiting her the other day, and I had to leave the dining room as the smell got to me big time.

I may try an ordinary highlights later on, see how it goes xx

I have Cadbury's chocolate hightlights - i start and end my day with this warm drink and it just sets me up and makes me nice and cosy. Sending hugs with fairy dust xx

I've never moved away from Coffee and a latté or a Mocha is a lovely treat for me. The only reason I can see for you being told to stop away from coffee is this.Caffeine overexcites then tyres out the adrenals. It depletes serotonin (the feel good hormone) It increases cortisol levels, one cup of coffee = 300mg = cortisol increases by about 18hours out of your 24 hour day (cortisol eats away at muscle protein, the only tissue that burns fat).

All sounds very technical Mixxy! I have to say that my blood pressure has improved tremendously since I stopped the coffee, so may stick to it xx

I have to confess..I think I have developed an Options addiction. Pre op I lived on expressos, now maybe only one or two a week. But Options, I start and end my day with them and sometimes have one mid afternoon. I just cant find any other hot drink I like. Maybe the warmer weather will help (rumour has it, that it is now Spring!)

I can confirm it is spring, it is no longer just a rumour. I spotted a lamb ..... yes .....1 lamb on sunday! So its officially.....spring! :D

I wasn't told by the team at CX not to have coffee, I'm really a tea drinker but really enjoy the odd coffee however everytime I've had coffee post surgery it has really upset me, headaches, feeling sick & palpatations.
Bunny x

Back