• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all ppl who have had gallstone op !!

BlueDiamond

Hi to all who have had the op.

I am due to go into hospital this coming monday and needless to say am a little anxious (sh*tting myself tbh) and was wonder how bad pain was after op, and what I can expect........anything really you can tell me , just want your words of wisdom and expertise of those who been through it, how long did it take to recover fully, and get back to normal (as normal as I can be )lol:p

Thanks in advance - MeJulie x x

I was in my 20's - had my op six weeks from having the first pain - I got them quick & bad! I was up and about within hours, had slight pain and went back to work nursing within a week but on light duties.I had mine keyhole so my scars healed quickly.

I had my gall bladder out as well as the bile duct and part of the liver due to stones pushing through and I was back at work the following week. As long as you stay on top of the pain meds (Paracetemol in my case), you will be fine.

I had my gallbladder out last November and i hardly felt any pain after.
Mine was done key hole so all healed up quick and well.

And believe me, being pain free is the best feeling in the world.

Hiya BD, don't worry - pain of Op is nothing in comparison to pain of a gallbladder attack.

It does hurt initially but that is ok as you will have a lovely morphine drip. The relief from the symptoms is a tremendous feeling. I can still imagine the pain of the attacks now. You simply cannot describe it to anyone who has not had it can you

I have put up a couple of pics of the biggest gallstone I had (abt 10 yrs ago).

The very best of luck to you and hope the little blighters are out soon x

Hi Just wanted to say all the best for Monday.
Not had any surgery for this so cant comment.
good Luck

Good luck for Monday you will so pleased to be rid of that awful pain it is so worth it. I had alot of bruising but as long as you have your pain medication you will be ok. I was off work for 5 weeks because I work in a school I couldn't risk the children running up to me and crashing into my stomach. You will be so pleased you are having it done. Take care.

Back