• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all pre op Walsall Manor Patients!!

phatmomma

There has not been one time i regretted my bypass but recently a few times i have. Because i am so flipping mad at the way WM are treating all of you who are pre op! They are throwing lies at you all and messing you around and nobody apart from Tranquil Butterfly is doing anything about it!

It's time for ALL of you to stand up alongside Tranquil and complain and get some answers!

How many of you have had your lives on hold? Not planned holidays, told work the embarrasing story of having to resort to wls (i did this bit) and you'll be having time off - only for the expected and usually foretold operation time not to happen?

How many of you are sat waiting for pre op appt's or to see Mr Kendrick?

You all need to make a complaint and do it now. Back up Tranquil. Your not going to complain in the hope of getting an operation date, but you can complain and DEMAND to be given the truth and the truth about how long your surgeries could take! At least if you know you are waiting for 9 months or whatever you can plan some life for some of that time.....

So who's going to write to MOLLY CASHMORE at WM and complain at the complete lack of truth, honesty and integrity?

Hands up please!!!

I will most definatley Julie, the lack of communication, alledged loss of letters and referrals, not sending out follow up appointments, too many timescales given as if they are picking them from thin air. They give you initial appointment so they can tick that box for the goverment time from referral to initial consultation then just naffing leave you in mid air. treat you like a nuisiance when you ring. "The demand for this type of surgery has increased and we can not give you timescales. Being told you will recieve an appointment through the post within 14 days to see Mr K and 7 weeks later zilch!!! Oh I an going to enjoy writing this letter. The only worry is if it gets in the wrong hands I am sure they deliberatley push you to teh bottom of the list and class you as a pain in the ass! But hey what the hell, If I did my job as poorly as them I would be sacked!!!!

Linski

Way to go Linski! Now who's backing you up? Apart from Tranquil Butterfly that is?

You need many voices culminating in one loud voice! Come on WM patients, get behind each other and really fight for your surgery now!

Thanks Julie. It is the fear factor that stops people from complaining but unless enough people actually formally complain then they can keep brushing this mess under the carpet. As for being put to the bottom of the list - well nobody is getting anything right now so what have you got to lose?

tranquil

Agree Tranquil - hope you are well. I am going to do my letter tomorrow just stating my concerns and outlining the effect this has on our wellbeing. It's verging on discrinmination at times, bit over the top maybe, but thats how I feel. I will endeavor to be diplomatic and see where that gets me. At least they have now closed their books while they get this mess sorted. I am not filled with much hope of anything less than a 2 year wait. Appalling!

Linski xxx

Thanks Linski. The worse thing about this is that the PCT's as the commissioning bodies failed to monitor what was going on and now they realise the mess they are in are busy colluding with Walsall to cover it up. I have had enough of sitting patiently with no indication from them about either what is happening or just how big a mess this is. If people do not stand up and start shouting we could all still be waiting a year or two down the line.

By the way what about all the post oppers who have not had any follow up appointments - are you not concerned too?

tranquil

The problem is Tranquil so many are in awe of these people as we are at their mercy and they know that. I am disgusted the way you have been treated and admire you for taking them to task but just one or two complaining isn't enough to make them take note unforunatley, they have abused the system and their authority in so many ways and it seems such a huge mountain to climb alone.

Bless Julie for this thread you know selfless is she. She is done but still cares so much about those who are waiting.

Linski xx

The problem is Tranquil so many are in awe of these people as we are at their mercy and they know that. I am disgusted the way you have been treated and admire you for taking them to task but just one or two complaining isn't enough to make them take note unfortunately, they have abused the system and their authority in so many ways and it seems such a huge mountain to climb alone.

Bless Julie for this thread you know selfless is she. She is done but still cares so much about those who are waiting.

Linski xx
They are just people like you and I - why should we be afraid to stand up and demand what is at the end of the day a simple explanation? We live in a democracy and there are checks and balances to deal with people who think they have that kind of power. There is the Ombudsman and the Care Quality Commission to start with. I am coming into this fight with clean hands so they can try and throw what they like at me - I am not backing off. It needs everyone to come together to fight this not just me and you Linski.

tranquil

You two are right, i just hope some others who have been messed around will come forward and complain!

It's just so wrong, but what amazed me the most is how they lost someone's paperwork then didn't receive approval for funding and then suddenly after having pre ops in August (this year) have got a date for end of Sept! I don't begrudge this person their surgery, they've had a traumatic time along with everyone else. I just wonder where the hell they are pulling op dates from for people, only 5 or 6 weeks after pre ops!

Am sick of hearing the bull**&&!

I had my 6 week post op check almost 3 months after my surgery because i rang and chased it! Luckily i have been fine, but for someone who is struggling then that would have been a lifetime....

I have just got back from seeing my GP and she is appalled and now very worried. It appears that she has not been told by the PCT about what is happening and was unaware that Walsall has stopped taking referrals and has been sending patients through. Someone somewhere is lying about this situation.

tranquil

Hi Tranquil, It was the head of funding at South Staffs PCT and south staffs PALS that binformed me of this yesterday. Also my GP had referred me to Telford at my request as I had been told they were now doing the WLS again actually by Telford Royal. The surgery receptionists rang to chase up for me and apparently they are not doing them as funding has run out? No-one haqs told my GP or had the courtesy of informing him. Luckily I have held onto my Walsall Manor place or I would been well and truly up the creek. I have started my letter today and will update as I hear anything.

Linski xxx

Then there were 3? So its taken me a while to answer!

ha ha..

Im absolutely annoyed that anyone can be treated this way! How happy they were and still are with the results and the less of strain on the medication lately and for the future prospect, that they were inviting everyone with open arms to embrace this surgery.. now the cash cow has tightened his udders and is looking elsewhere to put his money.. we the smaller people by name, definately not nature.. have to suffer!

Im proud of the people who have been through all the stages of wlsurgery and come out the other side.. but why punish the people that have come so far as us? Post-Opers are living and breathing and blossoming proof that this surgery works and its well worth the money put into it..

Its also not our fault, that the ignorance and the repetive attitude walsall manor has / was.. just a way of them progressing.. we didnt ask them to ignore the build up of oppers and keep consulting new people..
Then i repeat once again.. why do we suffer?

Im appalled, im annoyed and most of all i feel a little betrayed by the ones playing god, because they clearly are, what else do they think of themeselves.. we had a copy of a letter, that could have been personalised and given us some hope but instead.. everyone gets the same letter.. stating that we will hear again in a 'few weeks' (ha ha) a term used so often and so frickin loosely with walsall manor..

I dont often speak, as i feel some of you need this more than i.. perhaps thats me putting others before myself as always.. but you know what.. to hell with being nice.. how far has it got me so far? i dont feel any healthier for doing it.. you know why? because i havent had the surgery i was promised, months ago!

My letter as you can tell will be conservative and cleverly wrote.. but here.. when i talk to real people.. i feel like kicking and screaming.. in the arms of people who know exactly how i feel.. because they wont know an ounce of what we feel.. im surprised if this letter wont already have its own tray marked ''Pre-Surgery Complaint', Please Shred' But still.. Ill write it.. ten times fold.. and send it to everyone and anyone.. so long as someone hears our voices!

-Screams and kicks-

-Breathes-

If i read back, ill delete and not say much.. so with all that said..

We'll back each other!

Marie x

gooooo girls - get them told! they shouldnt put you to the bottom of the list for complaining... if anything they will tread carefully because they know the rights from wrongs just like you do - and if its taken further they will get shot in the foot!
good luck with your complaints and i hope you get some more people in here to back you up! you deserve answers!!!

Well said Marie!
I have posted my letter and await a reply. I merely stressed my dissappointment and concern at the lack of communication afforded to WLS patients from Walsall Manor. I stated that I assume the complaints must be increasing as their system is seriously failing NHS patients and the consequent PCT's.

Their absolute lack of understanding and empathy shown when they are in breach of all goverment guidlines and in failing their patients is damaging their reputation and causing untold stress for their patients. Someone, somewhere is letting them down and this is over shadowing the accolade they should be awarded for the wonderful work they do. With regards to WLS they are aware that this life changing operation is limited to themselves and Heartlands so why oh why are they making promises they must have known for while they cannot possibly keep.

Ok so they see you initially (if you are lucky enough not to get lost in the system) tell you what op will suit best and talk about the actual procedure. They inform you that your next appointment will arrive in about 10 -14 days. 7 - 8 weeks later when you ring to check they have not lost you again, you are told you are looking at Jan/Feb before they will even contact you as they unable to meet demand for this operation. For me this will be 10 months from referral and I have not even been seen by the bariatric team, given the ok , applied for funding and made it onto the waiting list! The waiting list is currently at a minimum 39 weeks once you have jumped through many hoops to even make it onto the list.

I for one have absolutly no objection of waiting my turn for my operation BUT all I ask is they send me my next appointments and give me realistic timescales.

I have been polite but have made my dissatisfaction clear and await their response.

Last edited:
The 39 week waiting list for surgery i find interesting Linski. Seeing as my husband had his letter about 6 weeks ago telling him he was on a 11 week wait!

I think all of you people should 'cc' your pct into your letter of complaint and make sure the complaint letter shows it's also going to the chief exec of your pct's.

I think i'll toddle off and do an email to our chief exec David Laughton (wolverhampton pct) and express my concerns...

Tranquil should have had her surgery before me, her need is greater, however because WM does not use medical need as a priority this didn't happen. I can think of a couple of others who she should have been in front of also, shame on The Manor!

I had a letter 25 weeks ago telling me I was on a 15 week waiting list !!!!!

Following 2 fasting blood tests I have been told today that I am also now diabetic, thank you Walsall Manor, I was hoping for this surgery before my physical health deteriorated any further, I have chronic hip and knee pain, high blood pressure and am now diabetic. I will be in a wooden box before I get my surgery at this rate.

Sorry to moan but I am so depressed

Sue

I had a letter 25 weeks ago telling me I was on a 15 week waiting list !!!!!

Following 2 fasting blood tests I have been told today that I am also now diabetic, thank you Walsall Manor, I was hoping for this surgery before my physical health deteriorated any further, I have chronic hip and knee pain, high blood pressure and am now diabetic. I will be in a wooden box before I get my surgery at this rate.

Sorry to moan but I am so depressed

Sue

So you'll be complaining to the Manor's Chief Exec then Sue?

Well I have my second stage complaint meeting tomorrow at 3 pm. I will be making the points not just on my behalf but for all the other people waiting. It is just a pity more people have not come forward and complained. I feel I have been a lone voice in doing this for so long even though I have asked others to support me. Come on, there is a 6 to 7 month backlog of surgery I am sure that is more than 3 of us!

In the meantime Walsall get away with operating on people with no logic as to why they are doing it and leaving people like myself and Marie at risk of our health becoming so bad that the surgery may come too late to help us.

Short of getting down on my knees and begging I urge anyone waiting to come forward and complain - we need more than words on here - we need letters of complaint. STOP BEING AFRAID!

tranquil

Back