• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all pre op Walsall Manor Patients!!

Actually Tranquil, what we need is a representative of WM at the weight loss support group we have. Someone to address the concerns of people like yourself, beano, linski, marie and midnightstar to say the least.

It's time someone stopped lying and gave the honest truth.

That is one of the things I am going to suggest. It is interesting because I came across some stuff while I have been researching preparing for this meeting and apparently there is supposed to be a patient support group working with the team at Walsall. I am going to ask for details...bet that is just another big whopper!

I wouldn't hold your breath about them agreeing to attend one of the support group meetings. They cannot even give a straight answer to the PCT's.

tranquil

Good luck tomorrow Tranquil, i sincerley hope you get the answers AND your date,

kind regards

Linski x

Good luck tomorrow Tranquil, i sincerley hope you get the answers AND your date,

kind regards

Linski x

Getting the date is not going to happen - and I am very doubtful I will get any answers. I am going through the motions because I want this to go to the Health Ombudsman. Neither Walsall or the PCT's can hide once they decide to investigate.

tranquil

I've had three appointments at WM- Dr.H, Dr.K and a dietician-and complained to PALS after two of them. I've also complained to my PCT but its hopeless as WM have no teven applied for my funding yet-so I may NEVER get surgery. I last complained to PALS 3 weeks ago and haven't had any response from them. How valued do I feel? I feel really fed up and that its futile. When I have appointments they tell me one thing then do something completely different-and then deny they have said what they have said.WM is the only place that makes me feel I'm being treated like a fat,STUPID person!!! Is this Molly the person to right to. I've taken on the NHS before and won-but it was 10 years ago and for someone else. I'm much better at defending others than I am myself.

Hi Miss Tickle, yes it is Molly who looks after complaints. When was your first appointment and why have they not applied for funding if M K has given you the ok for the op?
Can I ask exactly how long you have been on this journey?

Linski x

Linski

Hiya Linski, Was referred January 2010, saw Dr H March, he said op would be about 6 months time ( that would have been this month HA!) Saw Dr K early July. He said see me in 2 moths and see dietician biut I'll put you forward for surgery. Saw dietician 3 weeks ago. Was told not on list yet, and would not see Dr K for another 2 months. Twice now I've been told something very clealry then had it denied. Fed up of being treated like and idiot and a liar! Dietician said BMI requirement is now 50 for all the PCTS and that I wouldn't get surgery as far as she knew. So why I was having a meeting re pre and post op diets is a mystery. In fact going to appointments at all for an op I'm unlikely to get, at a hospital my pct might no longer use, who couldn't be arsed to apply for funding when I met all there criteria is a complete mystery to me.
And I'm flippin' well comfort eating again!!

Ooooh i love hearing loud, fed up, angry mob voices.. Its such a shame the PCT and Walsall and whoever else is getting in our way, wont! -evil laughs-

Good Luck Today Tranq! :553:

Right, todays a fresh day.. im calm, cool and collect.. (i think :eek:)

Soo.. Is it Possible.. I can have all names of people i can address my letters too??

(Yes i did a few Copies, ha ha:D)

Marie x

Ooooh i love hearing loud, fed up, angry mob voices.. Its such a shame the PCT and Walsall and whoever else is getting in our way, wont! -evil laughs-

Good Luck Today Tranq! :553:

Right, todays a fresh day.. im calm, cool and collect.. (i think :eek:)

Soo.. Is it Possible.. I can have all names of people i can address my letters too??

(Yes i did a few Copies, ha ha:D)

Marie x

Susan James is the Chief Executive of Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust. Molly Cashmore is the Complaints Manager. Here is the link for Walsall where you can get the main address.Walsall Hospitals

I assume you come under Wolverhampton PCT so you have probably had one of several standard letters the have sent out. The Director of Commissioning is Harry Ward. The Chief Executive is Jon Crockett. Here is the link for the address of the Trust HQ.Wolverhampton City PCT - Homepage

tranquil

I've had three appointments at WM- Dr.H, Dr.K and a dietician-and complained to PALS after two of them. I've also complained to my PCT but its hopeless as WM have no teven applied for my funding yet-so I may NEVER get surgery. I last complained to PALS 3 weeks ago and haven't had any response from them. How valued do I feel? I feel really fed up and that its futile. When I have appointments they tell me one thing then do something completely different-and then deny they have said what they have said.WM is the only place that makes me feel I'm being treated like a fat,STUPID person!!! Is this Molly the person to right to. I've taken on the NHS before and won-but it was 10 years ago and for someone else. I'm much better at defending others than I am myself.

If PALS are not responding I suggest you give the Health Ombudsman office a ring. Here is the link.Contact us.

When Walsall delayed in fixing my stage two meeting I rang and spoke to someone. They were very keen to know more and even offered to ring straight away to find out why they were not progressing my complaint. Obviously I cannot guarantee you will get someone as helpful but they do log your concerns so if nothing is resolved you can ring them back and refer to your original call so you do not have to give them all the details again. I will be going to them as soon as I get my letter after todays meeting.

tranquil

Miss Tickle i hate to worry you unduly but when my Trev had his initial appt (sorry can't remember the date but was earlier this year) he was told he would have to get the okay off Mr Kendrick for surgery. This is the norm now... Linski was told her Kendrick appt would be in Jan 2011 as he is exceedingly busy...

I think you should all wait and see how Tranquil has got on and then see if you can't add your voices to her complaint to the ombudsman.. I'm sure you can all give statements or something xx

I thought i would bump this post back up.. so its not lost..

PRE-OP REVOLUTION! :D

x

Back