• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories??

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
I am trying really hard to curb my mindless snacking and to eat really healthily whilst consuming at least 60g of protein daily. I am logging my intake on one of those free sites.
Anyway, I digress, do you guys actually try to stick to the calorie limit that these sites suggest and do you find it difficult to do so?
I am supposed to be on 1200 cals according to the site. Sometimes I need a protein shake to get the protein levels up but at 200 calories a go do you think this is wise?

I dont stick to what they say I should have.....I think they say I should have something like 1,900 and I only manage approx half that most days! Ive never used protein shakes and I usually get between 50-80 grammes of protein a day, Ive struggled some days though as Peppa Pouch wont allow me to get that much in some days. Maybe the protein shakes could help in that case. Good Luck Leanne :D XX

I use myfitness pal and they told me 1200cals a day I was doing that easily think theres something wrong with me or my pouch :-(

Jacqui,
What do you eat to get that amount of protein in?
I drink a fair bit of milk but when eating solid protein struggle to get much in. Like yesterday I thought I would have one of those small tims of sardines as they have 20g protein but could only eat half and this morning I cooked 2 scrambled eggs but could only eat one.
Do you limit your carbs or just make sure you have protein with carbs.
x

Sue,
I can eat 1200 calories fairly easily too but not if I cut out the carbs and try more protein x

I always eat protein first, I have a lot of philly cheese, babybell light(over 5g each) at least 3 a day. Chicken, mince meat (cottage pie etc) Low fat cheese (hard cheese) Crab sticks, Milk (on cereal put loads on it) mackerel in tomato sauce on melba toasts. Atkins bars, the chocolate ones, they have 17g protein so they are good. I have the advantage ones dark choc chip granola bar. :D XX

Thanks Jacqui,
It's always interesting to see what others eat x

I have never counted calories Leanne its the one thing that always drove me mad! I find myself lalways checking sugar and fat content and my philosphy and i stress MY philosphy is if my weight is doing ok then my eating must be ok. I'm also one of these pople who doesnt lose more weight by upping my protein but try my best to get as much as I can in with cheese, milk and meat. xxx

One of the foods that I think is great is seafood - low in calories and high in protein. Mussels are my favourite and I do lots of stir fries with mussels, prawns,squid etc

Allie,
You see this is where I am driving myself insane.
I have spent far too many unsuccessful years of dieting, weighing, measuring and calculating every single morsel, counting points, syns, calories etc and I never wanted to do it again.
First 6 months post op I just chose sensibly, always ate protein with every meal but carbs too and had the odd treat here and there, felt stress free and lost lots of weight.
Then approaching xmas I let my nibbling get a little out of hand, drank far too much, and am now 3 pounds over my lowest weight acheived so far.
Suddenly I have lost faith in myself to just go along with it and make sensible choices but I do find that the more I record and plan every morsel the more I think about food and I can feel the old head demons coming into play.
Thinking of just trying to go back to what I was doing for a week or so, cut out the carby snacks and just see what happens and only start counting cals, protein etc if my weight doesn't shift.
Arrrgghhh! I am driving myself mad!

Thanks Stella,
I can eat fish but had a really bad sickness experience with prawns post op and it has really badly put me off seafood!
I can just about stomach a crabstick and am ok with salmon and tuna though x

One of the foods that I think is great is seafood - low in calories and high in protein. Mussels are my favourite and I do lots of stir fries with mussels, prawns,squid etc

I am on the same wave length as you, I love seaford and it is easier to get in than meat.

I do try to eat protein first, then veg, then fruit and then if I have room carbs. On the odd days I have carbs with my breakie ie ryvita to ensure that I do have carb intake, but I find carbs make me more hungry quicker.

What do you guys eat for breakfast mainly?
If you have egg do you also have toast?

leanne you sound the same as me, feeling a bit down today about it all as I'm starting a fresh tomorrow and dont know what to eat to start losing again

We will have to egg each other on Sue x

For breakfast I either have 1 weetabix, sometimes with banana or 4 melba toasts with philly cheese and 1 babybell light or sometimes if I cant eat and I have to go out I will take an atkins bar with me or a couple of babybell light. I dont count hardly anything now....I used to put everything into myfitnesspal.com but I eat m ainly the same things so I dont do it now. :D XX

I've been dreadful over Christmas am back to tracking protein & calories again tomorrow. x

Thanks again Jacqui.
And Linzi, yep think a few of need to re focus again x

I sometimes have smoked haddock for breakfast or pilchards in tom sauce on toast.

Back