• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories?

kelly1

Hi all!

I'm now 7 weeks out and are deffo now thinking of what calories etc i should be having. What did everyone else have at this stage? I've just joined my fitness pal but don't know what to set my goal as. Dietician has never discussed this with
Me, just said nothing is off the menu!

I don't want to calorie count forever, nor feel like I'm on a diet for my whole life..... It will just make me want to rebel, which is how I'm fat in the first place! I just want to get a handle on how much I should be eating etc xx

I try to stick to 1200 but I'm not really strict. I was probably 800 - 900 at yr stage. I like calorie counting on mfp. Makes me feel in control. It's not for everyone though.

I don't count calories.

I look at the nutritional value of food and pick accordingly. With sensible choices based on these factors and 'listening' to my pouch I'm certain I'm within sensible limits for a steady weightloss.

Calories have never been mentioned at my appointments, but maybe that'll change at my appointment in July xx

I'm 7 weeks post op too and I was told to stick to 600 cals for as long as I could and to keep my protein intake over 60 (if possible).
I use MyNetDiary to record my food and I don't really feel I'm on a diet because I feel full anyway.
Cals limit was prob fixed so that I make correct choices and don't fill myself wirh carbs or, worst, empty cals.

I had my op at the end of Feb and am now consistently on 1200 cals a day. I was told not to count cals, but I find it useful to understand values of food. I don't intend to keep doing this though as I'm learning now how much I can eat in a day comfortably. x

not even a week post op & im on 200 calories a day, might seem drastic to some but im fine with it & dont feel like im losing out on anything

Mr doo you need to eat more!!

Had a bypass, and aim for 1200 kcal a day with at least 90g protein and under 60g sugar.

Mr Doo, try and eat more, increasing slowly, and focus on proteins. In order to heal properly, you need to nourish yourself.

Back