• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories

maz71 v

Out of interest bandits.... What calorie level do you all aim for?

I use MPF can have around 1300.
Thank you xx

Banded 13/8
-48.25lb
7.25 in 14 ml band

my provider advises 1000 but over the past 13 months I have found my optimum weight loss comes when I've been consuming 1100 cals.

However I also use about 5-700 cals per day on gym/running workouts, so my net calories are around 4-500 per day.

I actually focus more in a maximum 70g carbs and minimum 70g protein although try to make the latter more 90g+

My provider didn't recommend calorie counting at all. Just getting the right balance of food types overall. 1/4 plate protein / 1/4 plate carbs / 1/2 veggies/salad. Always focusing on protein first then the rest ... Healthy/low fat/band friendly foods.

Personally I did choose to track calories and protein levels on Mfp to help keep me focussed ... C 1100 calories on average a day and 70g+of protein per day and I achieved my best losses of 2-3lbs per week consistently ... Although I increased my activity, I am certainly no gym bunny and I didn't record exercise generally....but I know that works for other banders. I also didn't/don't low carb ... But I did try to confuse my body by having high and low calorie days (so average the 1100 a day over the week rather than sticking to the 1100 a day every day) ... That way my band diet fitted in with enjoying my new healthier/guilt free lifestyle and I maybe only had a couple of weeks of stalling throughout my journey. Maintenance for me is c 1600 calories a day.

You will work out what's best for you, as our bodies are all different and the way we can make our band work best for us also varies :)

I try to have a minimum of 1000, but although I count calories I don't control them more than that. Most days I have between 1100 and 1300, some days less, some days a fair whack more. I figure that may drop when I get some restriction, have to wait and see.

I now a friend who is banded and she aims for no more than 1200 cals each day and is losing really well and she feels healthy, she eats proteins first then Veg etc and leaves Carbs until last, so if she gets full before end of meal she's eaten the really good foods

I think as Top Kat says you need to ensure they are also coming from a good source

Im early days so will be interested to see how you get along
Val xxx

I find the hardest thing not eating my veg first! It's upside down to the last 30 yrs of diets.... Also love my veg..

What do you ladies use to get protein so high. I only ever seem to get to 50g max. Mis protein shakes the way to go? Xx

I do find myself looking at protein vs calories when I do my shop! I have protein shakes rarely, but I eat fish and cheese, and instead of milk on my cereal I have a danio yogurt. I rarely get to 100g of protein, but I normally get to around 70-85g

I have protein shakes or protein bars as my snacks ... Not everyday though. Protein mostly comes from fish, meat esp chicken/ham, cheese, eggs, yoghurt and lots of (even though I don't really like it) milk. Far better a protein bar than a bar of chocolate :rolleyes:

I have to admit to being totally confused by Cals v Protiens etc....

Minn don't worry ... Aim to focus on the higher protein foods and crunchy salad, veg, crispbreads etc first and by default the band should work its best ... The protein should keep you fuller for longer, hence you should feel less need to eat more, and generally that will keep the calories and carbs on the lower side x

Minn don't worry ... Aim to focus on the higher protein foods and crunchy salad, veg, crispbreads etc first and by default the band should work its best ... The protein should keep you fuller for longer, hence you should feel less need to eat more, and generally that will keep the calories and carbs on the lower side x

Thank you as soon as I am off mushies I cant wait to eat salad again yum yum!!!!

Back