• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories????

Sarhys

Hi Guys,

I had my sleeve done on 2nd May and so far so good except for one thing.

I don't think I am getting enough calories. I am still on the liquid stage but am only managing between 400 - 500 calories a day. Does this sound about right or is it too low?

Does anyone have any idea how many calories I should ideally be consuming at this stage?

That sounds completely normal to me. You are so early out.

I am now 10 months out and eat around 1000 a day, you will slowly increase don't worry :)

Thanks sophiapink100 - you have reassured me!

I was concerned about my calorie intake but you have put my mind at ease.

Sar :) x

I'm with Sophia...I struggled with a few hundred at first and an now on around 1000 a day at 8.5 months out

I was told not to concentrate on my calorie intake that early out just to try and make sure the decisions I was making were the right ones for example lots of protein.

I would imagine you are still liquid or purée stage?

Hope you are getting on ok

X

I'm with Sophia...I struggled with a few hundred at first and an now on around 1000 a day at 8.5 months out

Thanks Kar8858 - I had convinced myself that I wasn't getting enough calories lol.

Thing is I can't possibly manage to get any more in anyway! I am just full all the time - which is a first for me ha ha ;)

I was told not to concentrate on my calorie intake that early out just to try and make sure the decisions I was making were the right ones for example lots of protein.

I would imagine you are still liquid or purée stage?

Hope you are getting on ok

X

Yes, I am still on the liquid stage and I hate it! I am sick of soup, shakes and yoghurts :( - I can't wait to go onto pureed stage but my team have told me I have another three weeks of liquids first :(.

I am doing ok generally - just hate the liquids lol. I have been very lucky and not experienced much pain at all - I was ill the first day after surgery but that quickly subsided. I haven't had any sickness or anything since - so I know I have been very fortunate :).

I know I made the right decision and I know that the next 3 weeks will probably fly by - but atm it's slow going. The good news is that I am losing weight - so I am really pleased with that :D!

Yes, I am still on the liquid stage and I hate it! I am sick of soup, shakes and yoghurts :( - I can't wait to go onto pureed stage but my team have told me I have another three weeks of liquids first :(. I am doing ok generally - just hate the liquids lol. I have been very lucky and not experienced much pain at all - I was ill the first day after surgery but that quickly subsided. I haven't had any sickness or anything since - so I know I have been very fortunate :). I know I made the right decision and I know that the next 3 weeks will probably fly by - but atm it's slow going. The good news is that I am losing weight - so I am really pleased with that :D! Sar :) x

The first few weeks are always hard, I really struggled on liquids and actually ended up not eating much at all as I dreaded meal times - I was the same in the purée stage I had to force myself. That's quite common though.

It sure will fly by. I have had the biggest roller coaster of my life the last year but it's been so worth it and I feel a million times better now :)

Enjoy the rest xx

The first few weeks are always hard, I really struggled on liquids and actually ended up not eating much at all as I dreaded meal times - I was the same in the purée stage I had to force myself. That's quite common though.

It sure will fly by. I have had the biggest roller coaster of my life the last year but it's been so worth it and I feel a million times better now :)

Enjoy the rest xx

I'm glad I am not the only one who struggles with the liquid stage. It is nice to hear from other people who have been through the same thing and come out the other side lol.

I feel the same about liquids - dread eating but I'm forcing myself to eat because it's only for a few weeks - 3 more weeks then I can go onto a soft diet :D!

Even though I haven't lost that much weight yet - I do feel better already. I can actually climb the stairs without being out of breath when I reach the top :).

I have lost a couple of inches around my waist which in turn has made it more comfy to drive - at one point my belly was almost touching the steering wheel :cry:.

I did have doubts when I first had the surgery done but now I am so glad that I took the plunge and actually did it - it is going to change my life :D.

I'm glad I am not the only one who struggles with the liquid stage. It is nice to hear from other people who have been through the same thing and come out the other side lol. I feel the same about liquids - dread eating but I'm forcing myself to eat because it's only for a few weeks - 3 more weeks then I can go onto a soft diet :D! Even though I haven't lost that much weight yet - I do feel better already. I can actually climb the stairs without being out of breath when I reach the top :). I have lost a couple of inches around my waist which in turn has made it more comfy to drive - at one point my belly was almost touching the steering wheel :cry:. I did have doubts when I first had the surgery done but now I am so glad that I took the plunge and actually did it - it is going to change my life :D. Sar :) x

I was in the same boat Hun. When I started my journey I weighed 30st 3lbs. Looking back now I don't know how I lived day to day. We are all in this together :) x

Back