• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cambridge diet/ lighter life

wow really........ in that year how did your mind cope??. or Wass it seeing the losses that kept up going?

I've done the Cambridge diet before. Not for long though as I lost the three stone I wanted to lose in about 10 weeks.

Trouble is, you regain and then some....

Hi, I lost 3st on Cambridge a few years ago but put it all back on quite quickly. Have tried again several times but just couldn't stick to it. My daughter has just lost 5st following cambridge and she looks amazing, they have asked her to do before and after photoshoot.

Last edited:
well done you your daughter..I've never been able to slash more then 2weeks and have tried both diets. hopefully WLS will be the way forward for me

yep I totally agree with you. it's hard going. may I ask what consultant you had at the homerton? x

I really couldn't face doing it again and failing again! I have a consultation on Saturday for a band, my daughter doesn't understand why I don't just try one more time. No, this lady is not for turning, no more diets for me!

Any1 tried these diets long term??
Hi. I have done both. I have had a gastric bypass and i now run the cambridge diet. It's loads more flexible than before and I use the products as I have put 2 stone on.
I need the restriction in my diet as I still make poor choices.
X

I do think having a meal is important once a day post surgery (I went back on cambridge 2 years after surgery)just to keep a healthy relationship with food. So step 2 and above dependent on individual medication. X

My experience is pretty much the same as everyone else. I did it about 14 years ago and went from 18st to 14st in about 3 months (not so long term I know). Piled it back on and then some though!

The biggest issue back when I did it was that there was the lack of counselling. It was all good the consultant saying have 3 shakes a day and it worked but my issues with relation to food was never addressed hence the re-gain.

Happy to say that I now have a better understanding of my foodie faux pas and am just waiting on the surgery as a tool to get me to where I need to be.

Last edited:
Back