• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

?????? CAN ANYONE

i am also doing weightwatchers thats what made me join this site, then i came across this. i am sitting here filling up on tomatoes lol - i have tried CD and SW. i am 5ft6 and 13.9stone would like to be 11.2 as i got down to this before wonder where i slipped up lol

Hiya
My mum has had problems with her wait for 20 years now it has increased over the years - since she lost her husband when she was 30 then my brother 5 years later. she has tried all diets under the sun, she just comfort eats.
she admitts that this is a problem as she is 5ft and weighs 0ver 16.5 stone she has high blood pressure also and artharitis - she is 55
I told her i would research the gastric band and things for her. i did email a woman but she did not help much - could you explain to me the types and what follow ups there is etc
what price and where it can be done, i dont know anywhere in northern ireland that does this. thanks in advance for your answers and information
donna

Have a look at the hospital groups website, they operate clinics in Holywood Northern Ireland, but all surgery is carried out in England. I had the bypass myself 10 weeks ago in Leeds, and I'm from Co. Down.

When I was on Lighterlife, one of the reasons we were told we'd feel colder than normal, is that in weight loss mode (ketosis), the body is using fat stores for energy and is tricked into thinking it is in "famine" mode.

While in famine mode, the body diverts heat away from extremities to preserve itself. So body heat is diverted to the vital organs and you feel cold.

HTH
yoyo
x

I have never been one to feel the cold and more often than not i always kick the covers off even in the winter, but I have noticed since my op that I always have cold hands and feet (even my 2 year old commented last week how cold my hands were) I was even sleeping with the quilt on in all that glorious warm weatehr last week. My hubby thinks I've lost the plot.

Back