• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DIZZYNESS

BlueDiamond

Hello all.

A friend of mine has got an exercise dvd (the new biggest loser one, just out) today was first time she tried it and she followed the warm up , cardio workout (20 mins) and cool down, but once she had stopped she felt very dizzy and was sweating buckets(lol) this did pass after about 10 mins but she isnt a member of this forum and has asked me to ask what could be causing the dizzyness. She was not that out of breath, and she sed she didnt find it too bad. only felt out of sorts once she had finished. She didnt do all the dvd just the first phase, she isnt on any medication for bp probs or nowt.

any tips/ideas would be gratefully received, as she wants to continue but worried about repeat performance (p.s. she did drink fluids half hour before and after she finished to avoid dehydration)

all the best - mejulie xx

Exercising in extreme temperatures and lack of fluids will cause this.

You dehydrate very rapidly when the weather is this warm, let alon if you exert yourself.

Tell her to have water on hand all through the work out.

thanks candy ;), will tell her. much appreciated xx

all the best - mejulie :D

Exercising in extreme temperatures and lack of fluids will cause this.

You dehydrate very rapidly when the weather is this warm, let alon if you exert yourself.

Tell her to have water on hand all through the work out.

OMG its way too hot for that kind of excercise. Plenty to drink through the excercise as Caz said and this should help but tell her to wait while its cooled down abit lol. I've all on walking upstairs in this heat let alone doing a workout.

i have to have a protien shot prior to my aerobics class otherwise i compleatly bonk out. Sounds as though she has used more energy than she had stored.
If im doing a long walk i put an energy drink in my sports bottle and water it down to keep my levels going. Without inspite of hydrating myself well i get the shakes.
Since taking this action when exercising i have been fine and find that i can put much more effort in and last longer.
hth
carole

Back