• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i take soluble anadin extra 5 days post bypass????

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
Hi

I can't stomach the soluble paracetamol the hospital sent me home with. My husband got me some soluble anadin extra to try.

It contains paracetamol, asprin and caffein.

Is this ok to take 5 days post op bypass???

Hi,

I've not had my bypass yet, but I think if I'm right you need to stay away from Asprin as it can irritate the stomach because it is a Nsaid.

No, you are recommended to avoid aspirin completely post op.

I also understood that we should avoid Aspirin post op...

Tammy, ring Ana at the hospital for advice.

Aspirin thins the blood (that's why its good for preventing heart attacks) but as we are already having Clexane jabs every day I think they should probably be avoided. I bought a paracetamol suspension for children - its ok. BUT when I went to see Dr. Youssef pre op he asked me what I took for headaches and when I told him aspirin he just nodded! So I think Sam's answer is the best! How are you now Twig? I have found that the most discomfort has come from a) the bruises and b) pulled muscles from trying to avoid using my stomach when I got up out of a chair or bed. I hope the pain disappears soon Twig, xx

Hello there,

Even as a bander I was told to avoid aspirin as it can irritate the stomach.

I know they are disgusting the soluble paracetamol but when does any medicine actually taste nice?

Have you got any sugar free squash you could mix it with, takes the edge off the bitterness slightly?

As always, check with your own team.

Aspirin and other NSAIDs are avoided post op because they irritate the gastric lining, and post op you are more prone to ulceration, particularly along the surgical lines like the stoma and staples.

Back