• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cefalexin Antibiotics - can I take them post bypass?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi everyone,

Annoyingly I think I have Tonsillitus on it's way, it's something I used to suffer from frequently :cry: but haven't had it for a year or so. :D

I have a full course of Cefalexin here at home, this is what I used to take for it as it was the only drug that worked. My question is am I ok to take them post op? Would there be any reasons why I can't? :confused: I know the sensible option would be to wait and see the doc on Tuesday but from past experience I know I have to start medication as early as poss for it to work. Would love to hear from anyone else that's had them after a bypass.

Thanks in advance,
Cuppa xx

I was told this antibiotic is safe post bypass. I have had it and azithromycin post bypass.

Super, thank you FL xxx

Brilliant weightloss by the way, well done you!

Cuppa xx

Thanks! You too! I measure my progress by how you are doing since our ops were approximately the same time.

Hi Twiggie, I tried that but they wouldn't give me any info (as usual!), they always say the same thing - go and see your gp.

Cuppa xx

Back