• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will it ever happen

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all
I'm feeling well peed off if I was honest I know a lot of ppl say the waitings the worse and to b fair I ain't been waiting as long as some; gp referral end of august, 1st appointment end October, seen surgeon who agreed surgery begginning November, funding approved 7th December... So as u can see not been long but wen I seen surgeon he said il have op between jan-march I was like well that's great so my hopes have been pinned on that.... Well I spoke to the hospital today as I hadn't heard anything and the women that does the appointments and she said my surgeon is having holiday february and march and my op won't b anytime b4 April :-( I feel so sad if they told me it was a 6 month waiting list I wouldn't mind at least ild know roughly wen I'll get my op but they can't even give me a deffo month it's really getting me down she's not even helpful on the fone today she didn't even ask my name I could of been anyone and she was like ur op will b sometime after march, how van she say that wen she didn't take my name??
I'm on maternity until feb 28th I was hoping I would of had it by then but don't look hopefully... The thing is the surgeon had annual leave December too I know he's entitled to a break but I feel a bit let down xx

Aww Hun, I know what you mean - the wait wouldn't be as bad if you were prepared for it.
Thing is, at this time of year there's all the issues cos of the weather, flu etc, then add to that the fact that it's nearing the end of the financial year, I think there'll be a lot more cancellations/delays still to come.
I know that's no consolation, but don't give up.
I'm still waiting to hear on a decision from the MDT, but am just carrying on with my diet - any positive news is a bonus.
xXx

Louanne79 said:
Aww Hun, I know what you mean - the wait wouldn't be as bad if you were prepared for it.
Thing is, at this time of year there's all the issues cos of the weather, flu etc, then add to that the fact that it's nearing the end of the financial year, I think there'll be a lot more cancellations/delays still to come.
I know that's no consolation, but don't give up.
I'm still waiting to hear on a decision from the MDT, but am just carrying on with my diet - any positive news is a bonus.
xXx

Thanks Hun like I say I know I'm not the only one waiting it's just I feel so disorganised I'm on slim fast trying to lose some weight b4 op and I'll continue to do that but a date would keep me more determined xx

I'm exactly the same. We're just victims of time and circumstance I think - at least at the moment the support on here is keeping my many chins up! :D
I hope you get some good news soon xXx

Louanne79 said:
I'm exactly the same. We're just victims of time and circumstance I think - at least at the moment the support on here is keeping my many chins up! :D
I hope you get some good news soon xXx

U too hunny ((((big hug))))

How will you cope on slimfast for the next 4/5 months?Why not do a low carb diet,slimfast will not do you any good for such a long time.plus the expense.Just good healthy food till your pre op.Thinking of you,Maz x

Hi Laura,

Hope you are feeling better after your terrible scald... I've kept thinking of you.

Laura... I'm just a little worried... since you are also a new Mum and need all of your energy Angel... a low fat diet, as Maz has just suggested could work equally as well... give it some thought precious... you know we are all here for you and we are in touch every day to help you along!

Love and hugs and take good care of you Laura... xxx

I agree about the slimfast diet. A high protein, low carb, low fat diet would be better, more healthy and much more helpful in terms of getting you in the swing of post-op eating.
In terms of the wait: its the pits. This time last year, I expected my surgery sometime between May and June. Then I found out in April that the waiting list was much longer. I actually had my surgey mid-August.
It feels awful whilst you'r waitingm but a few months later you wonder what all the fuss was about! Honestly.
Try not to think about it too much, focus on your healthy diet.
You'll get there. I waited 18 months. Doesn't look like you'll have to wait anything like that, and some people wait much longer than I did.
Hugs, Grace xxx

Gutted for you, but just think of it now that you will get your op sometime in 2011 :). My dates were changed 3 times and I even thought of not going through with it after the 2nd time because I felt so disappointed but I got there in the end. I really hope you hear something soon sweetheartxxxx

Hi Laura...
I could have wrote that post today..
I was told my op would be between April, may time...but going on time scales of others, I think it is more likely to be June...
I know its not long to wait..but time is dragging for my next appointment...
I think we just have to plod on and keep our chins up until we get there Laura ..

I with the others here...I would go to lo carb diet...
I may have the wrong person,but I think Annie T(look through her diary) did a milk diet for few months before her op and they told her two weeks before the op to eat as she was malnourished!!!(it could have jeopardised her op)

Keep up the good work Laura....not long to go...we will get there x x x

Keep on keeping on Laura, the waiting is deffinately the wrost bit of it all I think.....it seems like you will never get there. It makes it worse when people give you the wrong information! I was given an appointment for April last year by the doctor at the hospital who said my op would have already been done by then...........I finally had my op in October! A wait of almost 2 yrs from start to finish so Ive played the waiting game and it stinks! Looking back now though it doesnt seem that long and at least I got the op in the end....your turn will come (HUG) XX

I'm starting a low carb diet tomorrow (Neris and India's Idiot Proof diet - was free with Cosmo this month). I'm hoping it will give me a good kick start.

Last edited:
As you say Laura you've not been waiting long, but i do understand your frustration at the 'goal posts' being moved. Thing is they give us an 'approximate' date for surgery, they call all the shots with regard to when we will get it.

As for annual leave, i vaguely recall you saying you work in a hospital? As you'll probably know, if they don't use their annual leave by the end of March they lose it, unless you are lucky enough to have a kind manager who 'may' let you carry a week over....

Be patient lovely, and just remember it will give you some time off with your lovely babies when you do get your surgery :) xx

Awwww thanks for all ur lovely replys and for all thinking of me
I think ur right I think a low fat diet will b better than slim fast I think I'll do slim fast for another few wks then start thinking about calorie counting or getting in the swings of things eating high protein low carbs in preparation for post op eating!!!
The only thing that makes me think I should keep goin is that she said there could b a cancelation although I doubt I'll get it she said there's not many ppl that can take cancelations cus diabetics do pre op diet for sometimes 6 wks and as I'm not diabetic I could have a cancelation with as little as 2 wks notice so my pre op would b just 2 wks!! Also as I'm on maternity leave I don't have to book it off work she's written down I go bk to work 28th feb and said she will keep me in mind if there's a cancelation how true to her word she is I don't know but hey ho we will see
I know I'll look bk and think wat was I fussing about but at the moment I'm so down I just want it now!!!
And yep I work for the nhs and ur right annual leave needs to b used by march or we lose it so I can totally understand his reasons for booking annual leave!!
Thanks again foe ur love and support I couldn't do this without u all xxx

Big an Bouncy said:
Two weeks pre op should be enough anyway hun.Maz x

Thanks maz I think I'll follow ur advice and just eat a healthy diet xx

sugga said:
Its a hard road laura but with deep breaths and support off this site i think we might get through....just lol xxx

I think ur right sugga without all the help and support I really don't think we would xxx

hiya laura i rang heartlands on monday and was told i was top of the list and that mr kumar hadnt done his list for feb but would be doing it this week imgoing to ring again monday after reading your post and i will post again with an update. i know they have annual leave but not 2 months all in one go prehaps hes having a couple of weeks in each month so dont give up hope hunni.x

Thanks Hun, I always get told something different I do, she ain't that good that Laura is she always giving different info!!
He's having annual leave last week in fen and first 2 wks in march!! Good luck with ur surgery Hun xx

Back