• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will it ever happen

hiya laura well after 2 days of ringing and leaving messages i finally got to speak to someone was told that although i couldnt be given an exact date as im diabetic and need to do the pre op for 6 weeks i could start the slimfast diet now so im hoping that it wont be too much longer. hope you dont have to wait too long now. good luck hunni x

Keep on chugging along Laura, it's going to happen, we just feel it won't at times... but it will and keep doing all that you can to make yourself feel better along the way... willing you on your journey as always and crossing the weeks off for you... hoping you are feeling better Laura and all of your family are well... can't wait to see you in July...

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Really feel for you hon, the waiting really is the worst bit. I know you haven't been waiting long compared to some, but I honestly think it's the unorganised mis-information train that gets everyone down. Try to be positive. You have approved funding so you will definitely get your op, it's just a case of when. Try to get onto a sensible low-fat low-carb diet in the interim, and don't waste the time you've got until you actually have you op, you must live you life in the meantime hon, it will make the time go faster too I promise xxxx

Hi Laura, I know exactly how ur feeling. I met Mr Kumar Jan 2010 and we were all told (all 50 of us from NI) that we would have ops done by end of May 2010. As u prob know I was over in Dec in my theatre gown and was told that they had no beds in birmingham. All in all I waited a year to the day b4 i had my op on 6th Jan. I hope that you hear soon, because I know how frustrating it can be. I ended up writing to our Health Minister and the health trust here to complain - 2 weeks later i recieved a phonecall with a date (was told they had a cancellation). So persevere - it will be well worth it.

xx

Thanks all for all ur support im feeling ok now knowing that eventually my time will come, iv been to see myanager as I'm due bk to work from maternity leave feb 28th so wanted to inform her about my op and the time I'll need off she was very very supportive so that's lifted a weight of my shoulders, also my partners working away the end of feb and we was wondering if he would b able to go in case we had a date but obviously he can go now so that's good I'm gonna concentrate on goin bk to work and getting bk in the swing of things I'm sure then b4 I know it I'll get a date xx

chin up hun, when i got my go ahead i was told within 6 mths what would take me to october/november 2009, i finally got a date for 15th feb, the op couldnt continue as my liver was up, my next appointment was 10th march2010 where it went ahead, altho i was told to do the pre-op for approx 6 weeks before i got my new date, i had 3 weeks notice for the 2nd op, they gave me only less then a week originally to do the pre-op, hence why my liver was up.

Swings and roundabouts isnt it :( xx

Back