• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can,t keep up.

hopelesscase

well if there is a down side to WLS it has got too be how fast yr clothes become too big. I bought a pair of jeans 6 weeks ago in asda for £8 size 18. when i got home they didn't fit but not to worry they will in a few weeks.
Started wearing them 3 weeks ago and they were snug but fastened laying on the bed.
Today they have had to go in the too big wardrobe as they were hanging on me.
On average i have to go through my wardrobe every 3 weeks to check what fits I now dont have anything that doesnt fir so its into thoes sale rails again for size 14 in preperation for my next shrinkage.
Its strange shopping and buying things you like and not just because it fits but what is even stranger is morning the fact that that pretty top that was a bargain no longer fits.
Upto this last size change i have been happy to send everything to the charity shop so that someone else can benifit as well as the charity but for some reason im reluctant to get rid of this stuff and all i can put it down too is that its stuff i like.
strange one eh

Tell me about it, last week bought some jeans as old ones were falling off, first put tem on and were tight, not they're falling down too, have to use a belt. Its good, but expensive!

list them on ebay, thats what i did and i then had money from selling the larger clothes to buy new smaller ones.

liz

margaret get checking thoes sale rails in preperation. i have had a policy that if it cost more than £5 initially i wouldnt get it. Now i will go upto £10 per item apart from my bras that were costing £35+.
Good luck with your journey
hc

tell me about it my new corset arrived today, i ordered it smaller then recommended by 4" extra and the top part just about sloses totally!! while the bottom is the 4" gap i expected.... however i do not see me losing much more on my top section for a while so my fingers are crossed it will last a couple of months.... after that its ebay and having to find another feel good item

wow...thats cheered me up...can not wait to have the same problem....

perhaps we will all be ebay sellers soon.....

I could start clearing the winter stuff now.....making room...

Or perhaps too soon.....operation not for a few weeks yet..

something to do though????while I wait.....

Juni

Hi Hopelesscase,
I just wanted to Congratulate you on your weightloss so far and your acheivements, I bet you are feeling amazing, You are a real Inpseration to us all and I feel really happy and delighted for you.
You are doing Fantastic so give yourself a big pat on the back.
Well done! xxx ((HUGS))) XXX

This is the side effect I am looking forward to the most. My wardrobe is a depressing sea of black at the moment. I cant wait to be shopping for nice pretty things that I am proud to be seen in, instead of trying to blend into the shadows.

Great thread HC xx

i cant wait to get in new clothes, but the cost of replacing them every couple of weeks worries me!

Darent buy anything yet, just doesnt feel right, now, i always have to try on clothes to see if they fit, so if i cant do that id feel uneasy i suppose!

Its a funny feeling isn't it HC! I remember it well :) Luckily for me I've been the same size for a month or so now, and am not shrinking rapidly any more. I'm wearing styles of clothes that I would never have dreamt of pre-op!

I've found that I have to really rethink the styles of clothes that I am buying. I'm used to looking for cover up clothes, nothing tight around the tummy, all tops a good length etc. These days those styles make me look bigger, so I'm having to look at other options and re-learn how to dress!

fed up you will soon get there and as for trying on to see if it fits. i havent tried anything on until ive got home if its been snug its gone in the wardrobe for a couple of weeks and then tried again. Cant afford to miss out on any bargins so have found this the best way to shop. I have been really fortunate in that a very close friend and another friends mum have both lost weight but were smaller than me to start with so they have past me their castoffs which has saved me a fortune. They have made me promis though that as i pass them i return the favor. lol

Its a funny feeling isn't it HC! I remember it well :) Luckily for me I've been the same size for a month or so now, and am not shrinking rapidly any more. I'm wearing styles of clothes that I would never have dreamt of pre-op!

I've found that I have to really rethink the styles of clothes that I am buying. I'm used to looking for cover up clothes, nothing tight around the tummy, all tops a good length etc. These days those styles make me look bigger, so I'm having to look at other options and re-learn how to dress!

with you on that one shell. last year loved all the smocked type tops now just make me look 6 months pregnant.

I have the same 'issue' don't want to call it a problem because it is glorious. However, I do hate to part with some of my favorites. I have officially reached the smallest size jeans I own, they are very tight but zip so it won't be long before they are too big. I had some capris from last year that were way too tight, I tried them on and well, they are way to big!!! Oh well. I am truly having a problem with knickers, can't figure out my size. I buy one package, the fit is okay so I buy another in the same size and they are too small. Uggg, and all of my old knickers are way too big & hubby laughs at me when I wear them.

It is wonderful though to see yourself so differently. It rocks!!!

IMG_3059_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3061_edited-1.jpg

See what I mean about the knickers!!!!

Nic:):):):)

All this weight loss sounds fantastic. I can't wait. I used spend a lot on clothes as I needed to look as good as possible for my job. Often colleagues and my skinny friends would say, "That looks great where did you get it." My reply was always, "Sorry - it doesn't come in your size. " Anyway I promised my husband that I will buy all my clothes from supermarkets and ebay until I stabilize. I'm hoping I won't have to spend so much to look good in the future.

I bet it must be so fabulous buying clothes in such smaller sizes thatn before for you all. I am already planning on selling all of the clothes I have stock piled over they years on e-bay and then using the money I make to buy a whole new wardrobe. Do you know one of the first places I am going to go is Primark as I have always been gutted they only ever go up to a size 18. You can keep your Gucci and Prada, cheap and chic is where it's at!!!! xxx

I remember when I lost a lot of weight when i was first banded, it took other wls friends to tell me to buy some new clothes. So, off I went to Evans, picked up my usual size 30/32 top and feeling optomistic size 28 too, went into the changing rooma nd sat in shock the size 28 was massive!! Honestly I sat in that room for ages thought it was some sort of illusion or trick...took me ages to realise that I had lost all that weight. I left with a size 22/24! and ran out of that shop soooo quick in case someone stopped me and told that I couldn't buy anything that small...lol

I then popped into Evans, every night for a week. I parked outside, ran in grabbed a top (didn't really matter what it looked like!) then ran out, just to get home to make sure it wasn't a fluke!!!

I went as low as a size 20 but am back up to 24 now and sooo looking forward to getting that feeling again after my bypass.

Everyone who is losing enjoy that feeling, its what makes all the paina nd hardwork is all about...the rewards. It gives everyone waiting for WLS hope and something really positive to llok forward to..well done.xx

Back