• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted no op on 29th even with iron going up

witchingmoon

My iron has gone up well to 9.4 my feritin has also gone up from 13 to 54

Sadly the hospital said it isn't enough so they canceled my op on 29th November. They want another blood test done on the 28th and have penciled me in for 13th December as they now have a free space. I no it is only 2 weeks more but it is heartbreaking and all I can think is they just going to move that one too.

oh love how dissapointing for you, my heart really goes out for you, i know its only 2 weeks but when you have been knocked back so many times it must realy sting.

but you are strong and you will be ok in 2 weeks you will have your op very very soon and all this heart ache will be a distant memorie.
and all us lovely pepps on this forum are here for you through rain or shine. xxxxxx

oh honey how disappointing for you :( but at least they have given yoy another date, and your blood should be well up by then :) chin up mate :) xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that's they have cancelled your op after everything with what happened about the iron injections, I know it's heart breaking but stay positive you will get the op. stay strong and let's think positive xxxx

Try to focus on the destination, the journey there for you has been a bumpy and eventful ride. I also think your hospital are making your safety paramount by making sure that your iron levels are satisfactory for your op.

From my own experience I was in pretty good health before my op but still felt so tired and exhausted for several weeks afterwards. You know all of this, I am so sorry you are disappointed once again but there is light at the end of the very long tunnel you are travelling through.
Wendy x

So near :( Really hope the extra time flies for you! (((hugs)))

Nothing to say that hasn't been said. Just thinking of you xxx

Best to be safe hun and we want you home and on the lossers bench in good health xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that you have been cancelled again, you defo need to be in tip top condition for the op, they are trying to make sure you are at your optimum.... I know it is really disappointing but at least you have another date to work towards x x x

Ah sweet it must be so difficult for you but you WILL get there. They are making it as safe as possible for you and we all want you to be well and healthy. Can't imagine how you are feeling but sending big hugs xxxx

Aw WM, how very disappointing for you, especially as you are responding to the injections so well :( They at least have another date for you but until it happens, I guess you will not believe it. You need to be in tip top condition for such a major op so they are just being extra cautious which is not a bad thing. Hope the extra time flies by as you prepare for Christmas xxx :)

Commiserations wm, what a massive group hug for you from all these forumites who know you deserve it and have everything crossed for success on the new date.

Aww, bless ya, after all you've done to improve your chances as well!! But at least they gave you another date instead of keeping you hanging on. And your iron levels will be really be on top form then too. Good luck, and, you are still in my "prayers" xx

Thank you all. I know they are doing it to be safe but sadly my brain just sees a longer wait to try for a baby. I know it's only two weeks but it is hard when I have been wanting to be a mum for over ten years. I am going to keep busy by sorting out Xmas gifts so I don't have to worry about any of it post op. thanks again all will do best to see the bright side x

witchingmoon said:
Thank you all. I know they are doing it to be safe but sadly my brain just sees a longer wait to try for a baby. I know it's only two weeks but it is hard when I have been wanting to be a mum for over ten years. I am going to keep busy by sorting out Xmas gifts so I don't have to worry about any of it post op. thanks again all will do best to see the bright side x

Totally understandable (((hugs)))

Back