• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can this be right??

Well I got my seminar date within 5 days of seeing the GP! Not till beg of Sept though, but that's not too long I guess. Trying to work on the patience thing!

It'll be here before you know it!! Least you're not in limbo waiting for a date - one step closer :)

Well I got my seminar date within 5 days of seeing the GP! Not till beg of Sept though, but that's not too long I guess. Trying to work on the patience thing!
Hi no idea if I'm posting correctly :)
I've got my first seminar/group meeting at Sunderland on the 2nd of September 2015 do you think we may be in the same group????

What exactly is the seminar? I have seen a consultant and have my first appt with dietitian's group thi s week. I will have 4 of these group sessions and then a 1:1 with the dietician. Are these group appointments seminars?

Debbie

What exactly is the seminar? I have seen a consultant and have my first appt with dietitian's group thi s week. I will have 4 of these group sessions and then a 1:1 with the dietician. Are these group appointments seminars?

Debbie

I wondered what they are too I'm new to this and wonder what some of the words used mean like seminar and tiers....I have literally today just mentioned it to my GP after plucking up the courage to ask .he is referring me to chichester (anyone else going there or have experience of it) I have been told that it can take about a year before you actually have surgery with all the appointments etc but personally I feel I want all the information I can get before I go into this and also being self employed it will give me time to save up for time off after the surgery. xx

I would love to know what the seminar is too, and do they have them in Cornwall for any of you Cornish folk that might know?

I would love to know what the seminar is too, and do they have them in Cornwall for any of you Cornish folk that might know?
I went to a seminar back in March at Birmingham and there was about 8 of us and a dietitian spoke about the different types of surgery that was available and we could ask questions at the end she went round each of us individually and told us what surgery we were allowed and asked which one we wanted, we were then given a booklet about the surgery we want and was told to keep hold of it as its your bible and was told we would be sent an appointment for the relevant surgeon. Before I went to the seminar I had a letter to confirm that I'd been accepted for funding I don't know how it works in Cornwall.

I had my first appointment with the dietician last week. It was a group meeting and we will have four of these group meetings then a 1:1 with the Dietician. Is this the seminar?

Thanks

Debbie

I went to a seminar back in March at Birmingham and there was about 8 of us and a dietitian spoke about the different types of surgery that was available and we could ask questions at the end she went round each of us individually and told us what surgery we were allowed and asked which one we wanted, we were then given a booklet about the surgery we want and was told to keep hold of it as its your bible and was told we would be sent an appointment for the relevant surgeon. Before I went to the seminar I had a letter to confirm that I'd been accepted for funding I don't know how it works in Cornwall.

thankyou so much that has answered my question .....there's so much to understand and find out. x

Sorry don't mean to butt hun, but did you get a letter to say you've been accepted for funding before you meet with the surgeon? Xx

Sorry don't mean to butt hun, but did you get a letter to say you've been accepted for funding before you meet with the surgeon? Xx

No worries, I received a letter to say I'd been accepted for surgery before I went to the seminar and they confirmed it again verbally at the seminar. I then saw the surgeon 3 weeks later xx

No worries, I received a letter to say I'd been accepted for surgery before I went to the seminar and they confirmed it again verbally at the seminar. I then saw the surgeon 3 weeks later xx

Aww thanks Hun. My consultant told me I'd been accepted but I never got a letter or anything but then I was told my pre-op is on 11th September. It just doesn't feel real because I haven't had it in writing yet lol xx

Aww thanks Hun. My consultant told me I'd been accepted but I never got a letter or anything but then I was told my pre-op is on 11th September. It just doesn't feel real because I haven't had it in writing yet lol xx

No probs, I felt exactly the same I'd didn't believe it was happening until the day of surgery. Good luck with your pre op, what surgery are you having? xx

No probs, I felt exactly the same I'd didn't believe it was happening until the day of surgery. Good luck with your pre op, what surgery are you having? xx

Thank you :). I'm having a sleeve Hun, but don't think it will be till October. Pre-op is sep & was told it will be between 4-6 weeks after.
What did you have Hun x

Thank you :). I'm having a sleeve Hun, but don't think it will be till October. Pre-op is sep & was told it will be between 4-6 weeks after. What did you have Hun x

I had a band fitted 5 weeks ago, when I got my date for pre op I also got my date for surgery it came on 2 separate letters stapled together and they were 4 weeks apart, the time will fly by even though it feels like it's going to take forever x

I had a band fitted 5 weeks ago, when I got my date for pre op I also got my date for surgery it came on 2 separate letters stapled together and they were 4 weeks apart, the time will fly by even though it feels like it's going to take forever x

Aww I hope so;) I'm just really nervous & until I get it in writing, I don't think I'll truly believe it's happening :(

Back