• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can this be right??

Westy31

Persuaded GP to refer me beginning of January after plucking up courage after getting to my heaviest over Christmas and went to seminar in May so not too long a wait it's just that I'm a bit impatient now that I've taken the plunge so to speak ? they said at seminar that you must have at least six months from seminar to surgery cannot be any earlier but they also said it's currently running at about 12 months so gotta appreciate that good things come to those that wait (gggrrrrrrrr) Xx
Is that what they said? It's about 12 months?? ??

Su2ie

It sounds like ages but it'll be here before you know it then there'll be no looking back ;)

Pollyann

I had my bypass 2 weeks ago,8 months after seminar which isn't a long time to wait my friend waited over 2 yrs for her surgery at Sunderland.I found the waiting a good thing knowing I kept my weight loss going for 8 months. I knew I wasn't going into this lightly and even when I knew I was going to have my op I still had doubts if this the right thing for me I think that's why they like you to wait about a year so you can prove you can lose weight and are ready for a change of life.I wish you luck with every thing and keep positive it will fly by :)

Toddshar35

I went for my seminar 9th March and seen surgeon 30th March and was told there was roughly a 4 month wait. I'm having my surgery 7th July.

Toddshar35

So no 3 months with a dietician in Birmingham then?

I saw a level 2 and level 3 dietitian before I was referred but since I've been referred the only contact I've had with a dietitian is a phone call to book an appointment for a dietitian to ring me about my pre op other then that I've had no contact with dietitians.

Westy31

Well my GP referred me today, he said the letters are written and posted that same day, so this is the very first step of hopefully not too long a journey! :))

andiebee

I am
From Sunderland and it's a year all in all , as it takes 3 months for each appointment still as my friend is getting bypass too and she was told this also , I am
13 weeks post opp just about and they great but it's certainly approx a year from seminar to operation

Tashatastic

Feeling really confused by this thread lol. I was referred to Sunderland August 14 had my seminar dec 14 my first appointment with nurse Feb 15 and I'm due to go back on the 19th of June for my second nurse appointment. Not even seen a consultant yet. Feeling like the whole process is taking forever xx

Pollyann

I had my bypass 3 weeks ago at Sunderland royal and my seminar was last September took 8 months for me It does seem to drag but it give you the chance to really think about if it is the right thing for you just keep positive your turn will come :)

It depends on a lot of things, i was quoted a year by Sunderland 2 and half years ago and just had my op this week.
Because i have a heart condition i had to wait ages for an echocardiogramme, i had to wait for sleep studies which was held up because they forgot to refer me, Appointments often got cancelled and long waits for new appointments to come through. People used to tell me to keep phoning and asking what was happening but i didn't like to so i suppose some of it was my own fault.
I got there eventually though :)

Lollyowen

Oh my 4 years?!?! That's one long journey fingers crossed the waiting list isn't too long now, best of luck for your upcoming surgery X