• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you eat on the day of your fill?

slimbydecember

Hey guys,

I'm due for my first fill on Monday 23rd May (4 months after my op!! Yes 4 MONTHS! The hospital claims to have an extremely long waiting list!)

There is no guidence with my letter and my fill is at 4.55 pm. So by that time I imagine i'll be very hungry.

I phoned my hospital and asked if I can eat on the day of my fill to which the woman said she's never been asked that before so she would presume it's fine to eat on the day.

It didn't fill me will much confidence (no pun intended) so i'm asking here if you ate on the day of your fills??

Thanks

Just bumping this thread up so that banders will see it and hopefully someone will come along shortly and answer your question.

It sounds like a very simple question and they should be able to advise you at the very least.

Did you ask them to find out for you?

I've got my first fill this week too, also 4 months after my op! I've been told not to eat or drink anything for 4 hours before my fill. Thankfully it's at 8.30 in the morning! Good luck x

hi generally as a rule of thumb i try not to eat very solid stuff 3 hours b4 my appoinment then i try not not drink 1 hour b4 my fill then they say sloppies for 24 hours after the fill thats just so you get used to the new tightness! hope all goes well! x

I was informed no food for 6 hours before ( thank god my fills have been early mornings everytime) and then after clear liquids for 2 days, 2 days slops/mushy, then 2 days slightly denser foods and then back too normal. HTH Julie xx

told to have 3 days liquids and 3 days mushies post fill.

The lady at the hospital said to me that she's never been asked that question before so she presumes it will be fine to eat.

She tried to look for some guidance when I was on the phone and couldn't find any so told me I should be ok to eat on the day!

I stick to slimfast or soup until a couple of hours before fill and liquids for rest of day then next day then mushies day after and back to normal on third day...

Hiya!

Ive never been told not to eat or drink anything before my fill.. Hmmm...?

But afterwards im majorly jealous of you all..

After Fill..

2 weeks of liquids..

2 weeks of puree..

2 weeks of mashed..

then introduce food!!

Oh well.. It just goes to show you.. that what is said here.. is advice only and that if you want to be informed correctly on things you should contact your provider.. as each individuals experiences can be very different..

Good luck with your fill!

Marie x

Hi
I got my letter re my first fill date today and i have to fast for 5 hours prior to my fill!
And it's at 2.30 pm, so nothing from breaky onwards, God help the kids!!

I'm with THG and always been posted guidelines with my confirmation letter..it's more important the first time that you do follow some guidelines; is your first fill by x ray? As a general rule I've found it no food for 4 hours but can drink liquids up to an hour..I've had 2 fills done on my lunch break at 2pm after being at work since 7am so it's tough but do able!

Different providers advise differently but I'm liquids for the rest of that day,softs for one day after then back to usual diet/eating plan.

Hope this helps,good luck with your first fill

Léonie x

This is my first fill but the letter doesn't state it's for a fill, it doesn't state if i'll have an x-ray and it's been booked for an appointment in a part of the hospital that i'm not convinced would have an x-ray scanner. I'm started to wonder if it's some kind of pre-fill appointment now? I hope it's not because i've been waiting 4 months and I specifically asked for an appointment for a fill on the phone :eek:(

Back