• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cancelled my date heartbroken and so so gutted

Dawn, I am so sorry to hear about what happened. It might be worth writing to the Consultant stating the facts, as someone said it might just make a differance.

Sending you lots of hugs and praying that your date will come sooner rather than later.

That's so cruel I would defiantly complain
At the end of the day the surgery is to change your life and when given a date we try mentally prepare or it !!
Don't just accept it please as they will
Persist to do it to others
If management can see the errors made by staff may save someone else goi g through what you are now
Keep positive maybe if you complain ya might get ya date quicker
Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ohhhh, I feel for you hunny!
I had 3 appointments cancelled, delaying my progress by 6 months and that was only to see the surgeon!
They treat us like dirt. Im keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that you get something sorted asap.
(HUGS) xxxxx

So sorry to hear about this xx

Hi!
Absolutely fitted for you! I had a bypass date back in Feb which was cancelled and I was a week into liver shrinkage when I got the call. Like you say I felt like my world had collapsed and cried for days! I'm four days into next milk and yog diet and prey to god they font do it again!

As its happenrd a few times to you I would ring PALS as already suggested, you don't have to even phrase it as a complaint only that you want to say how upsetting it is and you need them to understand.
Big hugs x

I am so gutted for you, I agree with everyone else to go to PALS. You don't deserve to be treated like this, Karen x

Hi Star,
Please keep your chin up hun i had this happen to me a number of times to the the extent in the end i was gonna give up on the idea of having my op!!!
but please stay strong cause it is so worth it in the end, i will be thinking of you and do put a complaint in let them know how you are feeling xxx

my surgeon told me approx 6weeks when i see him in start march,then my first date was given to me at my pre op ass back in end march, then 2 weeks before i was told it had changed , then admissions called with the 6th july date , and told me to call on 15th june to find out when to start my pre op liver diet , to which i was told , the last woman who called was a stand in ,and should not of given me my date , when i asked why did she then,the woman said she was trying to help lol ,,i thought id feel ok today but im more angry as she spoke to me like id been ringing and bothering them,,,at no point have i called only to return their calls or when told to , yet another cock up in this system , reading back through old posts its happened a lot before ,so il believe them when im laying on that operating table ,! x

whenever the hospital call me ........... i ask for a letter confirming the appointment (work likes to see them as i get paid for hospital appointments)

They have no idea how hard all this waiting is, do they? It's hard enough without all their messing you around.

Keep positive though... I had my first grandchild 7 months ago and its delightful to have her around and like previously said enjoy they wedding .... September isn't that long after is it?

Best wishes

just called the hospital,as asked, to check when to start my liver shrinkage diet for my op on the 6th,to be told the lady who gave me the date was standing in for someone and should never have told me i had a date ,no sorry,,,,,no reason,,,then told abruptly that i might not get my date til september ,although ive had my pre op and been given 2 dates which have been cancelled,im just so so heartbroken,and feel so let down,i know we all have to wait but do some of these people forget we are human ,with feelings , cant stop crying ,,and that really is not like me ,,im always positive ,but hey ho , il cope ,,,,got no choice eh!,will be watching and learning by everyones journeys til mine is here ,and wish good luck to all of you x

Starr thats awfull that they have done this to you again! im fuming for you :mad: grrr
let us know how things turn out and if you get another date x

Sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you feel, I was about 20 minutes away from theatre and found they booked me the wrong operation. You have my sympathy, hope you complained and get an apology properly from them. Had mine 10 days ago and so far so good, just had my first sloppy baby food today. It's hard to say be patient, but the wait will be worth it. Take care, Bob xx

thanks everyone , x really does help when so many people understand , im really glad i found you all, family and friends is great but sometimes you need someone whos not close, but understands how this journey feels ,also most people who have their ops around my cancelled, time have been really lovely,and im so happy for them ,cant wait to watch their journeys ,but i have noticed that some have been a bit less sensitive to other people whom have had probs and hic ups in their journeys though ,just the odd one or 2 that forget its a support forum and not ,im alright jack forum!, i want this to be the forum i joined,and felt so welcome ,and where everyone had positive advice and comments,and cared,all the mods.regs do such a great job ,big thankyou to all x

Glad to be of use (at least I hope I was and not one of the less than supportive ones). I hope they sort the date for you soon and this time no last minute hic-cups when they do. I am so gutted for you and wish it hadn't happened to you.

thanks Penelope,x im so excited for you ,cant wait for your posts ,before and after your op,will be watching and wishing you well, , x

Back