• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas eve ! Gutted

rybens

yorkie puddin!
:( just recived my follow up appointment ,(not operation appointment) no more test to have done they finished end of july and the first time they can fit me in is christmas eve cant belive it so gutted. In my appointment in april i was told id know by september if i could have surgery WTF is december 25th about , just rang appointment and they have said i can keep ringing to see if there are any cancelled ones but she doubts it as they are like gold dust and the clinic is only once a month:( why tell people they will know by a certain time when its nothing like :wave_cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that your news is not good but fingers crossed for a cancellation. I don't have any info re NHS system but I'm sure someone on here will have some info for you.

omg how awful
so the op is the 24th or 25th !!!! you woudlnt think they would do it would you
would you consider waiting till after christmas if they can do one teh week after (This might sound crazy) I know that if this happens to me I could not be away at christmas with 3 young children.
Good luck for a cancellation xx you never know xx

omg how awful
so the op is the 24th or 25th !!!! you woudlnt think they would do it would you
would you consider waiting till after christmas if they can do one teh week after (This might sound crazy) I know that if this happens to me I could not be away at christmas with 3 young children.
Good luck for a cancellation xx you never know xx
no not the op just the appointment to say if i can have the op, then ill have to then wait for an op date x

I'd have my opp done Xmas Day if they offered it me :D All my kiddies are grown up now and xmas day is boring now. :eek:

I hope you manage to get it moved.

Oh hun am so sorry pls dont give up calling for cancellations, call every day you never know when u ring up someone could of just cancelled for what ever reason.
I 2 was told that cancellations were rare and i managed to get my app 6 weeks quicker than original app.
Thats madness that they only have a clinic once a month, fingers crossed for ya hun but pls dont give up trying xxx

Thanks roch i will keep ringing , just gutted me when they had originally told me id find out in sept if i had it in writing yes i could have it and that the surgery would be at a later date then thats fine , its just i know in december i will then have to go back on a waiting list seems like its been going on forever its already been a year, ill be fine and hopefully ill get a cancelation x

:( just recived my follow up appointment ,(not operation appointment) no more test to have done they finished end of july and the first time they can fit me in is christmas eve cant belive it so gutted. In my appointment in april i was told id know by september if i could have surgery WTF is december 25th about , just rang appointment and they have said i can keep ringing to see if there are any cancelled ones but she doubts it as they are like gold dust and the clinic is only once a month:( why tell people they will know by a certain time when its nothing like :wave_cry:

Hi Rybens

Ring every day if you have to and even if you bring it down by a week, accept it and then still keep ringing until you get one nearer.

I have been very lucky with cancellations so far...even though I had to cancel one of my own this morning to fit in a test...but I will be ringing to get a cancellation for this.

Good luck.

(((hugs)))

Sorry to hear your disappointing news - keen on ringing them and harassing them!! At least you will feel you have some input into the process then! Fingers crossed for you!

that seems so far away for an appointment sorry i thought you meant your op was xmas eve.

so you go for an app to find out yes or no ?

we now have a one stop appointment system where it is all done in 1 go ( ithink) but then i might be wrong and there might be 100 of appointments after the initial yey or ney xxx hope for a quicker one for you

I too would just keep harassing them until you can get an earlier appointment. I am so sorry that they have messed you around.

Hope you get a cancellation that seems too long 8 months between the appointments. No wonder the waiting for surgery takes so long they could say yes or no at the first appointment then put you on the list.

Sorry to hear there muckin you around and people dont seem to appreciate the impact all this has on your life as it all gets put on hold....Keep going and dont let them drag you down....
Mark

When id rang for the second time yesterday the lady i spoke to told me the clinics my dr had before december were just october then the december one, i cant get hold of his secretry but will try again today. dont think ill get in before december if there is only one taking place before i go , im going to ask for a phone appointment with dr so i can then get put on surgery list doubt ill be able to but ill ask lol as this appiontment is to say yes or no we will see x

Back