• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op has been Cancelled

midnight-star

hi
I am devastated, I had a message on my answer phone from Walsall Manor yesterday to tell me my op had been cancelled. I telephoned them today, but they refused to give me any idea on when it would be re-scheduled. I was due to start the pre op diet tomorrow.

I cried myself to sleep last night and have done nothing but cry today, I feel like the poor donkey with the carrot dangling in front of his nose just out of his reach, and nothing I can do.

Sue

Aw you poor thing, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was admitted on the Sunday, all prepped for surgery on the Monday and at 6pm they came and cancelled as theyd had emergencies!! It is so gutting! A bit of good news though, I was "done" the following Monday so didnt have to wait too long! I hope you feel a bit better today, (HUGS) XX

Sue, don't despair hun x

I know it's harsh, but as you know more than others it's now 'winter pressures' time. Did they not give you an explanation why it was being cancelled?

Don't worry too much and dry your tears. They'll find you a slot soon i'm sure. In the meantime enjoy your last 'big' Christmas, next year will be a whole new you xxx

Thank Dotty but I don't think am going to get a new date any time soon, as they told me not to start the pre op diet just to eat normally, so they cannot be planning on booking me in again soon

Sue

I am so sorry for you Sue, nothing we say will make you feel better only the phone call to say its back on. Hope its not long Sue x

Reactions: Bev
Sorry to hear your news. Try to enjoy Christmas and in the new year start pestering them if they havn't contacted you with a new date.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw hun Im really sorry for you, Dont give up hope though, you are getting your surgery and they wont make you wait too long. They will want to catch up with the elective surgeries as soon as possible, try and keep your chin up and have a good christmas. (HUGS) XX

Awww Sue, I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you... hoping that they can sort it for you as soon as possible, it's always a concern during the winter months with cancellations... I'm expecting this to happen to... but we must keep strong and soldier on... it's going to happen for us and you and I will be going through very much at the same sort of time... always here for you and keep going, it's going to work out precious.

Sending love and warm hugs xxx

Im so sorry to here about this and know how you must be feeling. Its an awful feeling isnt it, and im thinking of you. I just hope you are not waiting to long for another appointment love. xxx

Ah bless you, you must feel so disappointed. But you must be at the top of the waiting list, so I'm sure you can't have too long to wait.
Love n hugs and try to enjoy your Christmas
Grace xxx

Sorry Sue about the dissapointment of your cancellation - I do hope it does`nt put a dampener on your Christmas.

Although I realise you will have geared yourself up ready for surgery, try not to lose heart, it will happen soon!

I hope you wont have too long to wait.

When you get your surgery, which will happen before too long you will be over the moon to join everyone on the losers bench.

Chin up chick - Hang on in there, we are with you all the way!

:grouphugg:

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Chin up Sue your time will come,just think about those that have waited years then been refused altogether.Maz x

Sue i figured it would be down to the weather. So much sickness, we've cancelled about 7 surgeries in the last two weeks and we never cancel surgery. I'm talking Cardiac here.....

It will come, just be a little bit more patient! The way it's going you and your son will be in together xx

Thats not great news just before Christmas, but I hope you get a new date soon xx

Hi Everyone

I had a letter from Walsall manor with my new date, which is now the 17th MARCH 2011. Which is 10 weeks after my original date, I am disappointed that I have to wait that long following them cancelling but I am trying to remain positive, but I have shed many tears.

17t March seems a long way away when I should have been going in on Thursday

Sue

Aw Im sorry its 10 weeks later but Im sure it will fly by, chin up hun you will still be loads slimmer and fitter by this time next year XX

Back