• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant take it any more, been to Dr's today...

kell

After constant poo's and feeling sick 24hrs a day, I went to my Dr's today.

Couldnt get in touch with the surgical team who did my op as I had not 1 contact number!

The only phone number I did have was for the dietitian, who, just my luck, is on holiday til the 31st!!

Anyway, as I said, went to the Dr's and she was lovely. She gave me some immodium for the contant poo's (about 8 times a day and up to 4 times during the night :eek: ) and has given me some prochlorperazine for the nausea.

So fingers crossed these work for me cos I really am coming to the end of my teather with the feeling sick!

Im also a bit miffed as im supposed to be seen at 6 weeks post op in clinic which will be next week but as yet havent had an appointment :rolleyes:

No doubt I'll be chasing that one up as well, although god knows how when I havent got anyone to ring! lol x

Thank God for your gp your surgical team are not giving you very good support. Ring the hospital they must have a number so you can contact someone. Hope you are feeling better soon take care.

Hi Kell,

Firstly I hope you feel less sick and poopy now you have some meds to help with that.

Secondly, I hope you sort out your providers, if they can be called that, terrible service and I really feel for you...((((HUG))))

Hope this does the trick!!

There must be some kind of back-up at the surgical team!!!!

Who is your surgeon Kel?

That is awful. I would contact anyone having to do with bariatric surgery at the hospital that did your surgery. You poor thing!

This is so bad...I ditto all the advice above.

Thank God for GP's...I hope she has you sorted out.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Hope your feeling better soon hun

x

Hi Kell, I hope you start to feel better now you've seen the Doctor and got something to help.Where did you have your op done?? Was it private or nhs?? I'm just asking because if there's someone else here who had the same surgical team, they may have a number for you to ring. Good luck and I hope a mini comes to the rescue with the phone numbers.xxx

Thanks for all your replies, started taking the nausea pills but still feel sick :( x

I had my surgery at St. James, Leeds by Mr Pollard on the NHS x

Going to PM you.....

Thankyou so much Cat for the info, really apprieciate it :)

My friend had the same surgery as you at the same place by the same surgeon and her aftercare is awful too!!
She is trying to transfer her after care elsewhere. Keep on at them and they will have to sort it out for you!!
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
xxx

not sure if someone has already given you the number but i got his sec's number will pm it :D

just noticed you were at stjames not the spire but if all else fails try that number she can get in touch with him !

My friend had the same surgery as you at the same place by the same surgeon and her aftercare is awful too!!

I think the problem must be more to do with the hospital rather than the surgeon. I had mine with Mr Pollard but at Spire and my follow up has been great. I left with every number under the sun and was told I could go back whenever for advice. I can call/e-mail whenever and I always get a quick response. Maybe St. James need to do more admin wise to ensure all patients are given this info routinely. It is a bit poor if you don't know to get hold of anyone when you have a problem.
But Mr Pollard can do no wrong in my eyes - he's been fabulous :D

Kell - hope that info helps x

Back