• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carpal Tunnel

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hiya everyone, ive started a new job on the checkouts and i love it!!! woop! only trouble is, my carpal tunnel is creeping back :cry: im gutted :( I just wondered if, just on the off chance, that someone may have any tips to keep it at bay :) xxx

I have carpel tunnel syndrome a side effect on my thyroid problem

Have you spoke with your gP he can give your steroid injection s or refer for surgery you can also buy wrist supports for bout a rennet which alleviate the problem

Hope it gets better soon

cheers ric, ive got my wrist splints which im wearing at home, dont really want to wear it at work as this is a temp job but theres a good chance i'll be kept on in the new year, but they probably wont keep me if i have CT :( I was offered the wrist injections a few years ago but refused them, omg cant bear the thought!! My last job was a bus driver and this wasnt a problem at all and hasnt been for years, but its creeping back :( it was just on the off chance that there may be something i didnt know about that could keep it down a bit, looks like i'll just have to get a different job, gutted :( xxx

I've never done much research into it would you not consider surgery? I might unless there is something else you can dO!?

Maybe physio?

yeah now its getting bad again i'll have to go back to the docs, hopefully i'll be able to keep my job, thanks ric :) xxx

Aw Caren that is such a shame hun :( Was going t say yayyyy for the job! I would strap it up and just say you slipped and landed on your wrist, it will give you some time to look for another job.

Aw gutted for u hun :( hope u manage to keep ur job hugs xxx hope the pain eases xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Aw Caren that is such a shame hun :( Was going t say yayyyy for the job! I would strap it up and just say you slipped and landed on your wrist, it will give you some time to look for another job.
oh thank you :) might have to do that, dont really know what job i could that wouldny involve using my hands lol

Just another reason for surgery! There is a link between CT and obesity! When one delines so does the other (usually) :)
Really? woohoo i didnt know that!!! thanks :D yay lol xxx

Aw gutted for u hun :( hope u manage to keep ur job hugs xxx hope the pain eases xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thanks so much, gotta love this place :) xxx

Aw honeybunch :( what a shame :cry: You need to see your Doctor asap. If it is weight related it needs to be on your records, but most important is the steroid injection. I had them in my shoulder as it was frozen (this is a side effect of diabetes). They really DO work & the relief is immense :) Be a big girl & have them ... they are nowhere near as bad as you might imagine. I'll hold your hand if you want, sugar :):) Surgery is a last resort as these injections can last up to 2 yrs at a time. In the mean time put an ordinary bandage on like Dawn says as it does need support & your boss would not question your explanation if you just said you had slipped in the rain. It could also not be CTS but just your hands being a bit overused this week. (straw grasping) Hope you manage OK today, my lovely xxx :wave_cry:

i've had the carpal tunnel release in my right wrist .............nice little scar :D:D

trigger finger release in my right hand ................another nice little scar :D:D

tennis elbow release left elbow ...............yet another nice little scar :D:D

ulnal nerve release left elbow ............a slightly longer but nice looking scar :D:D

i was told at the hospital that if you see a physio .............the physio works

but if you see a surgeon then its op time ;)

Aw honeybunch :( what a shame :cry: You need to see your Doctor asap. If it is weight related it needs to be on your records, but most important is the steroid injection. I had them in my shoulder as it was frozen (this is a side effect of diabetes). They really DO work & the relief is immense :) Be a big girl & have them ... they are nowhere near as bad as you might imagine. I'll hold your hand if you want, sugar :):) Surgery is a last resort as these injections can last up to 2 yrs at a time. In the mean time put an ordinary bandage on like Dawn says as it does need support & your boss would not question your explanation if you just said you had slipped in the rain. It could also not be CTS but just your hands being a bit overused this week. (straw grasping) Hope you manage OK today, my lovely xxx :wave_cry:
unfortunately not, ive had it before, but with bus driving it was only very mild and i didnt even think about it :(

Hi Caren

I had carpal tunnel in both hands 3years ago, as it come along with thyroid problems which i have ,

i had surgery on both hands while i was a wake
it was the best thing i did as it takes it all away

but before i had surgery i wore hand splints which helped me ,

all the best Tracey xxx

Hi Caren

I had carpal tunnel in both hands 3years ago, as it come along with thyroid problems which i have ,

i had surgery on both hands while i was a wake
it was the best thing i did as it takes it all away

but before i had surgery i wore hand splints which helped me ,

all the best Tracey xxx
cheers Tracey, im wearing my splints again but terrified of having the jabs :( but i will have to go back to the doc xxx

Caren - I hope your wrists ease up soon, and just wanted to say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 'good' result in your SA test tomorrow.

Caren - I hope your wrists ease up soon, and just wanted to say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 'good' result in your SA test tomorrow.
thanks so much Cathi, ive got no idea what they are going to do lol

Caren said:
thanks so much Cathi, ive got no idea what they are going to do lol

I had the sleep test. I looked hilarious lol. Little pipes slightly up my nostrils, pack on, big double bed was good.

I took a book and didn't pay for tv. Wouldn't have slept with TV.

Good luck!!!!

And just wear the splints at work and say you slipped at home, grabbed the stair rail and pulled your wrists. They will feel sorry for you, and not use it against you :) Good luck :) xxx

Back