• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cat sitters In London?

Thump

Hiya, in desperation I turn to you! I'm going on vacation at the end of August and I'll be gone for ten days. The friend who was going to mind my cat has had to cancel and I'm very wary of of paying for cat visits (also, I don't have enough money for the number of visits I would prefer) because I don't like the idea of a stranger in my house. I live in NW London. Do any of you know any reliable cat sitting company? do any of you use cat sitters?

I'm really worried about this because I can't cancel and I can't take the cat with me :(

Enquire at your local vet,PDSA.

I did but they couldn't recommend anyone. Tbh, I don't think they really care.they are fantastic vets but they don't do anything else :D I'm in a fairly deprived area to start with :(

Have u tried googling catteries in nw london? I did and a few come up but obviously nw london is a big place - hth x

Could you get a friend or family member to look after your home and cat? Is your cat a house cat or does s/he go out?
You will probably know that keeping puss in their own home is the least stressful option but when I've looked at the cost of sitter services I'd have to sell a kidney to afford it! I also know what you mean about having strangers in your home.
When we had building work done I used a cattery in Joydens wood - they were a wonderful couple and the cats got treated like royalty. They didn't mind my daily calls either! They were registered with FAB (feline advisory bureau) which I think has changed now but there were really strict requirements to get on the list. If you want their details I'm happy to look it up for you. They were surprisingly cheap for such good quality care.

Good luck with your search, if I wasn't a south east Londoner I'd pitch in and help x

Heh, yeah, cat visits and catteries are so expensive. Sadly my friends are either in uni halls or abroad and can't take the cat or live at my place for the time :-/ the problem of not being outgoing is that I have a very small group of friends to call on when I need them. And my family lives in France (I'm French) so can't even use them. Sigh. I love my cat but he does my life more difficult sometimes.

Back