• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Challenge..... Ditch The Scales For At Least 2 Weeks..!

Ready For Change

Right, I've got a plan and I'm shouting about it lol. I mentioned to one of my sleeve pals that a 2 week break from the scales might do her the world of good and I got a great response.

There for, I challenge everyone to stop worrying about the numbers and concentrate on the way they feel. After all, it's just a number. If you feel at the end of your tether and you feel like you're stalling, then stop worrying and enjoy life. Get weighed when you read this, post your weight and come back in 2 weeks to log your new weight. You'll be well impressed with the difference. We all have maintains and all feel p*ssed off when we don't see the lb's dropping daily, so focus on fortnightly or monthly weigh dates.

Come on dudes & dutettes, pre & post op!!!
:grouphugg:

DITCH THE SCALES AND LIVE YOUR LIFE.
:scale:

3 months, 1 week and 4 days post op:

Was: 16st 8lb

Now: 12st 10lb

See y'all in 2 weeks lol xxxxxx

Yey I'm going to join and stop weighing myself every day lol today I'm 15.13 (oops put on a pound) see ya's in 2 weeks :) x x x

I am addicted to weighing myself. I am going to do this.

Start weight 20 St 11. Lbs

Weight today 11st 8 lbs

See you in two weeks xxx

Well done for those embracing my new idea! Since my last post i've lost 2 lb and have now lost 4 stones since july 23rd :O)..! I'm over the moon.
xx

I'm so down with this, having just been disappointed with the scales

I will weigh myself a week on Wednesday! :)

I haven't had my op yet but it's soon so I'll join in then. I currently weight myself about 10 times a day or more just to see if there are any changes. I actually woke up the other day during the night it's was 3 am and I went on the scales. I had lost 1lbs since a few hours before then went back to bed when i woke in the morning I went back on and had lost another 1lbs lol.

Maybe I'm crazy ........ Lol x

Right-I weigh myself at bed time and in the morning. I am clearly obsessed and this is the help I need. I'm going to join Jemma and do my ususal 'official' weigh in on Monday morning and then get dh to hide the scales for a fortnight.
Oo-feel a bit panicked by the thought!!!

Last edited:
Haven't weighed myself since last Monday. It's hard going! it wasn't so bad when I was on holiday as I haven't actually got to the stage of taking the blooming things away with me yet, but I nearly caved in when I accidentally came face to face with a set of scales in Boots. Now I'm home it's painful ! Only the fact that DH hid the things from me ( and is not telling me where they are despite emotional and physical threats and shameless begging) is keeping me off them. Perhaps I should have tried a gentle detox rather than all out cold turkey lol !
How's everyone else managing?

Miss tickle I'm so proud of you. It is difficult at first but I promise it will get easier and soon you'll be feeling better in yourself and not relying on a number to determine how you feel. Keep up the good work everyone and don't forget to report your losses. Hugs and high 5's all round xxxx

Ooo, this sounds a bit scary to me, but I'll give it a go. Can I wait til my usual Monday morning weigh in, then I'll lock the scales away for a fortnight. See you Monday!

Well I managed to hide the scales and got weighed this morning 4lbs lighter than 2 weeks ago. It was good to see the loss, but I prefer to hop on, hop off more regularly.
Thanks for the challenge and good luck all.

Thanks goodness the two weeks is up. I found it really hard and like Jemma have proven to myself that i need to be a scale hopper! I lost 5lbs in the fortnight!
Thanks for setting the challenge-it was interesting to test myself like that !

Well dun all u did great ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think I'm going to give this a whirl. I'm on maintainence now but have been weighing myself every day and have actually found that my weight has been dropping more and more (I don't update my ticker now though). I am desperately trying to not go below eight and a half stones, but finding it difficult.

Maybe a step away from the dreaded scales will help x

I do hope it helps everyone giving it a go. I know we all like to see where we are in numbers but try not to let it rule your life. I'm now 7 months and 2 days post op and my health is sooooo much better. Best of luck to everyone xxxxxx

Back