• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm new & counting down to op

MartiFan

Hi to all,

I've just joined the site after spending far too much of work's time reading all your posts. I think the help & support you all give each other is fantastic & I'm looking forward to being part of it.

My surgery is 3 weeks today and I am on day 2 of my pre-op liver diet. Finding it ok so far apart from breakfast. I am getting hungry mid morning. I am having porridge with a sliced up banana. I am just worried about portion size & afraid of having too much but I think I will need to get some bigger bananas, lol.

I am really excited about the op, but a bit anxious about how I am going to cope afterwards - what to eat & how much. I just keep thinking about how I will feel when I get on the scales & the numbers keep going down. I am actually looking forward to my holiday abroad in August this year for the first time ever. I love going away & getting some sun, I just hate feeling like a beached whale, worrying about whether the seatbelt on the plane will fasten & trying to hide the fact that I can't get the tray to come all the way down because my stomach gets in the way.

Well I'd better get back to work as I have so much work to get through before I'm off for my op. Only trouble is I'm finding it hard to think about anything other than the op. It's like it takes over your life isn't it?

Thanks again to all of you who contribute to the site.

Lynz x :)

Hi Lynz, welcome to the site. You will get loads of help and support here. Good luck with your pre-op diet, it does get better after 4-5 days, just try and stick to it till then and keep up the fluids.

Hi Lynz
welcome, looking forward to hearing about your journey, good luck for your by-pass.x

Hiya Lynz welcome to the site, looking forward to reading about your journey, as Jon said it gets easier after 4-5 days on pre-op diet. Good luck on your bypass hun:)

Sharon xx

Thank you to you all for your best wishes.

Day 3 of pre-op diet & it is getting easier. I got on the scales this morning - I know it was a bit naughty but I was curious to see if there was any change. It was good news anyway, 2lbs off in the first 2 days! Now that I know I must be doing things right it's given my willpower a boost, which is needed as we have had birthdays every day this week at work so the cakes have been coming round. Some people don't like it if you refuse one so I have chosen something & said thanks, then saved it & taken it home for one of the kids! :D

hiya and :welcome2:to the forum, as the others have said it does get easier and then before you know it you've had your surgery and are in the recovery room and joining us on the losers bench :D ( i'm having dejavou i'm sure i said the same thing to another newbie :eek: ho hum) let us know how it all goes hun :D

Back