• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changing shape

RoseA

For years I've lived in cotton/linen wide leg trousers. I've always felt good in them and I've continued buying this style since the op. But as I lose weight, I'm beginning to realise that although I'm definitely buying the right size, the shape no longer does anything for me... in fact they just make me look a lot bigger than I am ! It really doesn't help that I've got short legs - otherwise I think I could carry it off a lot better. As I was waiting for my WLS I wondered what sort of shape I would end up eventually and what sort of clothes I would wear. It's dawning on me now that I'm probably going to be looking for more tailored clothing in future. Something I never thought I would do in a million years. What a strange and beautiful journey this is !!

What surprises have you had in your journeys ?

I'm looking forward to finding out those kind of things... & wondering if my shape will be different from when I was last smaller? x

Its weird Rose isn't it after years of buying clothes mainly bacause they fit to have to think about such things!

Loving it x

oooo im yet to find out! feels fab hey when you realise you can wear clothing you never dreamed of! im hoping for skinny jeans and HIIIIIIGH heels x

It's so interesting, isn't it, Rose?

My recent revelation is that I have legs. I look much better in a knee length skirt than an ankle length one. I look taller and neater, even though knee length feels a bit like a micro-mini after years of ankle length, gathered skirts.

I am also no longer really pear shaped. My hips are narrower in relation to my waist than they were when I was younger.

Weight loss is very odd. I expected to shrink to a similar shape to that which I was when I was younger and smaller. But, no. I'm a totally different shape.

Last edited:
At least you can try on loads of clothes in shops now. I hate shopping for clothes and never try them on till i get home as i look awful in the mirrors xxx

I'm amazed that 15months ago i was a size 28/30 in jeans and now i shop in next for my size 12's!!!!!

Its a complete change isn't it I'm now a complete curvy person because I have a waist, never been seen before. I always had large hips and dressed accordingly to disguise them. Now I have a really small waist andmarvel at the clothes I can buy...just can't get my head round it at all

M

Fitted is the word! I love clothes that show off my waist as like many have said I never had one before! I love wearing dresses, hate anything baggy, and enjoy choosing things to wear now. I even wear vest tshirts with jeans and a shrug sometimes!

For has me it been the discovery of my neck/shoulders, I find myself looking for tops that are wide necked or slightly off the shoulder because I LOVE my neck & collar bones (never seen before)! The next thing that has surprised me is my love of belts, I always hated them before and only owned ones that came on a skirt or trousers but now I have an assortment of belts and look for ways to wear them.

It is wonderfully weird to discover parts of your body that you love to show off!

Nic:p

I am so looking foward to discovering this...I also have short legs...oh, but to be able to wear skinny jeans...leggings (and look good!)...little shift dresses
and belts slung on the hips!
I may be 50...(though I'm told I don't look it) but I've always dressed young and even been admired for my clothes!

what am I going to look like I wonder?

Although I haven't got weighed yet post-op, (I'm waiting till next Tuesday which will be 2 weeks post-op and hopefully the swelling will have gone down).........

........I can already see a difference...weight coming off weird places, like the pad of fat I've had forever just at the top of my breast bone........and at the top of my spine below my neck (I have a very slight 'hump').....on my face...and around my ribs!
It's so exciting!

It's what I dreamed of and lay weeping with joy about the night I found out I'd got funding! And now it's actually happening!

For has me it been the discovery of my neck/shoulders, I find myself looking for tops that are wide necked or slightly off the shoulder because I LOVE my neck & collar bones (never seen before)! The next thing that has surprised me is my love of belts, I always hated them before and only owned ones that came on a skirt or trousers but now I have an assortment of belts and look for ways to wear them.

It is wonderfully weird to discover parts of your body that you love to show off!

Nic:p

Nic - I know what you mean about neck & shoulder bones - I've been discovering mine too ! In fact it was one of the first places that fat came off post-op and the nurse pointed out at my checkup - "look, you've got bones!"

I've had to throw out 4 pairs of trousers and 1 skirt already as the weight is coming off my hips and legs and the look like clowns trousers on me, wish it was coming off my belly as fast. My legs have always been the best part of me

I am so looking foward to discovering this...I also have short legs...oh, but to be able to wear skinny jeans...leggings (and look good!)...little shift dresses
and belts slung on the hips!
I may be 50...(though I'm told I don't look it) but I've always dressed young and even been admired for my clothes!

what am I going to look like I wonder?

Although I haven't got weighed yet post-op, (I'm waiting till next Tuesday which will be 2 weeks post-op and hopefully the swelling will have gone down).........

........I can already see a difference...weight coming off weird places, like the pad of fat I've had forever just at the top of my breast bone........and at the top of my spine below my neck (I have a very slight 'hump').....on my face...and around my ribs!
It's so exciting!

It's what I dreamed of and lay weeping with joy about the night I found out I'd got funding! And now it's actually happening!

Charis - it is sooo exciting isn't it ?! I discovered my sternum a couple of weeks ago and still cant believe how it sticks out when I lie down ! And the neck fat too... that's disappeared.

I'm amazed that 15months ago i was a size 28/30 in jeans and now i shop in next for my size 12's!!!!!

It really cheers me up to read posts like this because I'm pre surgery and a size 28 right now and I can't even imagine myself ever wearing size 12 jeans again.

I am starting to hate my collar bones, they protude and look all horrible and yukky!

My daugher has named them micky and mini.

Also my spine is horrible, I hate sitting in a hard backed chair, I feel the bones in my spine digging into the chair.

It's funny the things you don't expect to annoy you!

And I LOVE my skinny jeans, I don't own a pair of wide leg trousers now!

Rx

I love the way my hands are now slim and my wrist bones stick out, also my collarbone and I have these weird bones that stick out at the tops of my shoulders. The downside is that my coccix (sp) now sticks out and my bottom hurts if I sit for too long.

Back