• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my Sleep Study tomorrow

malazak

Had a call from charing cross and have my sleep study wednesday 14th overnight stay.
Seem ok from what she told me just a chest strap moinitor and a few sensors completely portable so not wired to wall like i thought lol.

Only thing left now is the endoscopy then i speak to the surgeon.

Great news and good luck ;0)

Good luck
Hope all goes well

Good luck with your sleep study, onwards and upwards xx

good luck x

Thanks guys I'm trying to stay awake now and have the alarm set for 7 am to deprive me of sleep otherwise I will be awake till 2 am tomorrow lol.
I will update here when I get results

Well...

Had the sleep study last night not the greatest experience lol.
How they expect you to sleep with more wires than BT hanging from you 3 elastic bands and half a roll of sellotape over your body i will never know.

Got there at 8.30 was shown to my room, Nurse came and wired me up at 9 i then had an hour to watch a bit of telly before trying to sleep.

Dozed a bit but uncmfortably, The nurse checks on you every 30 mins to see how you are laying and if you are snoring.

7am up for brekkie and waited for results .

9am got to see doctor about results and he said when i am on my back my breathing was a little out of sorts but nothing to worry about,when on side there is no difficulty at all so he says any problems are purely weight related and he sees no reason for a CPAP machine as these will clear up as i lose weight.
He did say the surgeon might want me to use a CPAP for a few weeks after op as i will prob be sleeping on my back due to wounds.
So all in all a good result now on to the endoscopy

Great news! Glad I could take the machine home though and sleep in my own bed :)

Back