• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charing Cross- which surgeon

I have read and heard quite a bit about Dr Ahmed at Charing Cross hospital but can anyone tell me about the Swedish Surgeon who is called Dr Albers (or Olbers or Aalberg, ahlberg). I believe he is new there but has loads of experience. Did he do the surgery for anyone on this site and if so what was their opinion of him. And does anyone know how to spell his name so I can google him :sign0163:

Hi
I`m under Charing Cross and Dr Ahmed is my surgeon , but I`v never heard of that Doctor . I`v just been on the site and he is a visiting surgeon Mr Torsten Olbers . www.imperialweightcentre.co.uk. Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret

Thank you so much for this. I desperatly needed the spelling of his name to google him. I search CX main site and the general medical council but couldnt find it, thanks for the link to the weightcentre site, I hadnt seen that before.

hi
my best friend did the operation with Dr Ahmed and the Swedish surgeon last june, but some mistakes were made in the operation, there were blooding because they accidently made a cut in her stomach so they stopped the operation. The swedish doctor said that it was his first time with that mistake. if you want more information plaease tell me and i will ask her. good luck

hi
my best friend did the operation with Dr Ahmed and the Swedish surgeon last june, but some mistakes were made in the operation, there were blooding because they accidently made a cut in her stomach so they stopped the operation. The swedish doctor said that it was his first time with that mistake. if you want more information plaease tell me and i will ask her. good luck

Hi there, yes I am curious to know more. I completely understand that mistakes can be made but would like to know which surgeon was the controlling surgeon in the op. Did they finish the op eventually and how was your friend afterwards

I had my surgery in July with Mr.Ahmed. I am more than happy with his skills. He has carried out more than 700 surgeries with NO DEATHS. Mr.Ahmed is rated as one of the best in Europe.

The Swedish surgeon is rated as one of the best in the world. He is a highly skilled and a very experience surgeon. I hope this helps.

Hi, this does help alot thanks. I am anxious to have the most experienced surgeon due to my size. Maybe I am being over paranoid but, as you know, itis a big operation. I am thankfully I am under the care of Charing Cross though as so far I have heard nothing but good reports about them.

Hi there, yes I am curious to know more. I completely understand that mistakes can be made but would like to know which surgeon was the controlling surgeon in the op. Did they finish the op eventually and how was your friend afterwards
hi there, the first mistake Dr Ahmed cut the vain in her stomach so that is why they opened the stomach so they stopped the op. she stayed in the recovery room for 10 days but now she is ok and dr ahmed said he would like to retry the op again for her because what happened was just bad luck. she said the doctor is very kind and helpful.

Hi Emerging butterfly,

Have you been referred to Charring Cross yet? Do you have a date for surgery?

It's important to be aware of all the facts when choosing your surgeon/deciding whether to proceed with the operation, and that includes reading all the "real life" stories you can come accross such as those here from Hanan Ali and gingernutter.

However, if you are at all concerned by what you read here, you should have the opportunity to ask the consultant or a member of his team about the complication rates/morbidity rates before making your final decision. Whilst they will not discuss individual cases with you, they should be able to tell you how many patients (if any) they have lost, or have suffered serious complications.

Most surgeons up and down the country will have some operations that do not go exactly to plan. Its nothing to be alarmed about but it is essential that you do as much research as you can. The surgeon should be honest with you if you ask him directly.

Hope that helps hun, and good luck with reaching your decision. xx

doctor ahmad his very good doctor good luck
this web site about doctor olbers Weight Loss Surgery

Hi Emerging butterfly,

Have you been referred to Charring Cross yet? Do you have a date for surgery?

It's important to be aware of all the facts when choosing your surgeon/deciding whether to proceed with the operation, and that includes reading all the "real life" stories you can come accross such as those here from Hanan Ali and gingernutter.

However, if you are at all concerned by what you read here, you should have the opportunity to ask the consultant or a member of his team about the complication rates/morbidity rates before making your final decision. Whilst they will not discuss individual cases with you, they should be able to tell you how many patients (if any) they have lost, or have suffered serious complications.

Most surgeons up and down the country will have some operations that do not go exactly to plan. Its nothing to be alarmed about but it is essential that you do as much research as you can. The surgeon should be honest with you if you ask him directly.

Hope that helps hun, and good luck with reaching your decision. xx

Hi, yes I have been referred to Charing Cross and had my first appointment in July this year. I have met the surgeon, Dr Olbers about a month ago but just wanted to do a bit more research on him as I had heard loads about Dr Ahmed but nothing about Dr Olbers, apart from the fact that he is Swedish.

I have done (and continue to do) loads of research, including reading about six books, trailing the websites and reading the good and bad stories. I am also quizzing anyone I meet that has had WLS and I have been to the information sessions at Charing Cross twice. I am trying to gain as much information as I can from the people that have been through it and I am grateful for everyone’s honesty and encouragement on this site.

Back