• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I cheated on my pre-op diet

slimmerkay

I just cheated on my pre-op diet :eek: :cry:

I was suppose to have 2 boiled eggs and ONE slice wholemeal toast. I had TWO slices of toast :eek:

But it's day 8 for godness sake! I can understand slipping on day 2 or 3 but by day 8 you'd think I had it sorted in my head.

I feel really really full too :( So I'm going to not have any carbs for dinner. Will just have chicken and veg and leave out the small potato.

Don't worry hun, when I was on the pre op diet, I used to have two slices of nimble or weightwatchers bread too. As you said, just leave out the potato tonight. You will be fine xxxxx

I cheated on my pre op too Karen, mine was horrendous!! i wasnt allowed any bread, rice, pasta, potato it was hell on earth, but everything went fine xxxx

I think it's because I weigh myself every morning (I know, I know .... don't bash me lol) and this morning I hadn't lost anything. Lost something everyday so far.

So the old "well it will never work anyway" mentality must have kicked in a little. I'm suitably ashamed though.

I suspect the world may keep turning! Naughty girl, don't do it again! :D

To be honest, I got to about day 8 of my pre-op milk diet and was DESPERATE to go out for a curry! It was only my hubby's calming influence (well, actually, his NO!) which stopped me!

In the appetite way it gets easier (hence you're so full); in the head way, the nasty little gremlins are still sneaking around, out to get you! Hang on, you're so nearly there!

Well you're going to burn in the eternal fires now! Oops no your not sorry you haven't killed anyone or left the loo lid up so you'll be okay....

Now seriously we've all done it, i challenge anyone who didn't digress slightly at some point on their pre op to stand up and say so, so we can all kill them a big fat fibber lol....

Thing is you only had an extra slice of toast, it's not like you've gone out for a full english breakfast so please stop beating yourself up over it. I'm sure by skipping the potato tonight you will have more than made up for it xxx

Well you're going to burn in the eternal fires now! Oops no your not sorry you haven't killed anyone or left the loo lid up so you'll be okay....

Now seriously we've all done it, i challenge anyone who didn't digress slightly at some point on their pre op to stand up and say so, so we can all kill them a big fat fibber lol....

Thing is you only had an extra slice of toast, it's not like you've gone out for a full english breakfast so please stop beating yourself up over it. I'm sure by skipping the potato tonight you will have more than made up for it xxx

I didn't and HONEST I'm not lying! (BUT I really wanted to!) But don't forget I had the dreaded SRH weigh-in to endure! What happened to chefclay (Paul) could've happened to me and I knew it. It was one heck of an incentive!

I NEVER EVER cheated on my pre-op diet :D ....... Oh.....thats cos I havnt started it yet ;) But you all know Im angelic so I will be fine ;) x

I'm sure yr not the first & won't be the last... just look at how much you've learnt already tho, you didn't carry on & think sod it, you realised what you'd done & thought about what you could do to change it!!

Well done Karen you should feel proud. xx

your not alone!!! I've just phoned my daughter to see how she is going with her pre op milk diet. WELL good god the language that came from her mouth I've never heard before "even after 40 years in a factory". i did manage to understand that she has cheated, but i dont know to what extent.
thing is i know it's not to bad because of her temper, she is usually quite placid.

Well I've had dinner. Chicken and veg - no potato. I had cabbage, broccoli and cauli because I can have as much veg (not root veg) as I want. And I'm glad to say I feel full, satisfied and happy :D

Good news then :D You will be fine now youve got it out of your system.....if not Im coming round there with the naughty girl hat :D

The best thing is dont beat yourself up over it as has been said your not the first and wont be the last

You naughty girl Karen! lol I think your doing brill, and i'm dreading the pre op diet not sure i could of gave up my spud so well done, not long now xxx

never mind - you have done it and now you have put it right. My advice would be to forget it now otherwise it starts to affect your thinking. Draw a line under it and move on to another day closer to your op
you are doing really well - keep going and you will be great
Jo XX

dont worry about it hun - just drink more water to wash it through! your sooo close now hun keep up the hard work! it will be worth it in the end! *big hugs* to yooouuu from meeeee! lol xxxxx and good luck for you op! xxxxxx

The pre-op diet is hard, however, you've managed to pull it back so pat yourself on the back.

Rebirth

Well this morning I GAINED a pound :eek:

I think I may have to reduce the food intake a little for these last few days just to be on the safe side.

God this is just like any other diet :cry:

Its not like any other diet karen as this is purely to shrink yr liver for yr life changing operation... don't worry about losing weight before yr op that will all happen on the otherside!!

Yr doing fab misses & us women fluctuate madly with our weight so it will probably be gone by tomorrow.

((( hugs ))) xx

Back